Meijer Credit Card

I've been thinking about getting a Meijer Credit Card.  I shop there all the time and I could use the 15% off they offer all the time and I'd like to earn points.  Does anyone have any experience with this card?

I currently have 9 cc's, only 4 with balances.  I'm using about 42% of my credit lines, but I've been working for over a year on that.  It used to be like 90%.  I haven't applied for a cc in over a year.  All 3 of my scores are around 660.  Would this help or hurt my scores?

Thanks!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

Re: Meijer Credit Card

Look on the card app, and see which bank underwrites it --Citi, Chase, etc. A lot of times you can predict how you'll be treated with one card when you see how that same bank treats its other customers on other cards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

pretty sure they are gemb.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

OK, if so, that's kinda scary.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

i'm not interested in dancing w/them. one dead end gemb card is enouh for me (sams store card).
Valued Contributor

They go through WNNFB.
Senior Contributor

ashabbir1 wrote:
They go through WNNFB.

really, even the mc version?
Valued Contributor

oops my mistake. They go through GEMB. I am so sorry. I was think about spiegels card.

Sorry again :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor

They all start to blur after a while, don't they?

:smileyvery-happy:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.