Megan924

Meijer Credit Card

I've been thinking about getting a Meijer Credit Card.  I shop there all the time and I could use the 15% off they offer all the time and I'd like to earn points.  Does anyone have any experience with this card?

I currently have 9 cc's, only 4 with balances.  I'm using about 42% of my credit lines, but I've been working for over a year on that.  It used to be like 90%.  I haven't applied for a cc in over a year.  All 3 of my scores are around 660.  Would this help or hurt my scores?

Thanks!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Meijer Credit Card

Look on the card app, and see which bank underwrites it --Citi, Chase, etc. A lot of times you can predict how you'll be treated with one card when you see how that same bank treats its other customers on other cards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
imducky

pretty sure they are gemb.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

OK, if so, that's kinda scary.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
imducky

i'm not interested in dancing w/them. one dead end gemb card is enouh for me (sams store card).
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

They go through WNNFB.
Senior Contributor
imducky

ashabbir1 wrote:
They go through WNNFB.

really, even the mc version?
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

oops my mistake. They go through GEMB. I am so sorry. I was think about spiegels card.

Sorry again :smileyhappy:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

They all start to blur after a while, don't they?

:smileyvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}