Merchants know when you have a Siggy

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: Merchants know when you have a Siggy

@HiLine wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@cottoncrown wrote:
They don't get charged more for the type of visa. I work the controller at a Marjorie grocery chain and everything gets broken down to the network. Visa, mc, Amex, discover and debit which includes foodstamps (ebt). Merchants don't care what tier card you have, it pays all the same based on network.

Grocery chain, exactly. Travel & Entertainment pay more to accept Visa Signature cards (since they're the ones who also benefit from the Visa Signature perks)

Can you be more specific? What Visa Signature perks are provided to Travel & Entertainment providers? I'm really curious about this Cat Happy

From their perspective, concierge service (theoretically getting them more business) is the big - and expensive to offer - one.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 11 of 12
Torii

Re: Merchants know when you have a Siggy

On a recent trip to South Korea, I went to pay a dinning bill with my Visa and the cashier saw my AMEX gold and asked me to pay with that because the fees were lower (even though I had to pay a higher FOREX fee). I didn't mind since it was a family restaurant. Who knew AMEX would be less Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.