cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Chase Cards - do I forfeit my rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Chase Cards - do I forfeit my rewards?

I'd like to merge two of my Chase cards as part of an overall consolidation. I currently have an AARP card and a Freedom, and I'd like to merge the AARP credit line into the Freedom, closing the AARP card. My question is: will Chase make me forfeit the rewards on my AARP card in order to close it? Or will they give me an account credit?

I'm currently just shy of the normal redemption threshhold on the AARP card so I can't redeem the points myself before closing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Merging Chase Cards - do I forfeit my rewards?

If you don't have to do it straight away, I would wait until  you reach the redemption threshold.

Message 2 of 3
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Merging Chase Cards - do I forfeit my rewards?

@longtimelurker wrote:

If you don't have to do it straight away, I would wait until  you reach the redemption threshold.

+1

AARP has no AF. If you want/need you can SM them and ask to transfer some limit from AARP to Freedom. Use the card to get the cashback. SD the card and after 60-90 days from last payment you can ask to transfer the limit left and close the account.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.