Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two chase cards

tag
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Merging two chase cards

I have a chase visa (through circuit city) and another chase visa (through Washingtom Mutual WAMU). Both have similar CL of about 3500 and pretty much the same APC and reward structure. Is it possible to merge them together, and if YES, how should I proceed in getting this done. Please advise.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Fico_Dish
New Contributor

Re: Merging two chase cards

please advise if it is possible to merge the two Chase cards.....and what should be the line of action.....Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive tried to combines mines for the last two months with no luck. I have a regular chase visa with a 4250cl and a former wamu with 500. They told me the only way to do it is to close the 500 card and ask for it back on a credit line increase added to the 4250. I'll pass on that one

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Chase is very inconsistent on this issue.

A lot of people have reported that Chase will no longer combine cards or allow you to shift limits.  However, I was successful in getting them to shift a portion of my limit on one Chase card to another.  Of course, to do this I used the recon number and did not go through the normal CSR number.

YMMV.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.