Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merill Lynch Total Merill Cash Back switched from Signature to Platinum Plus

tag
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

Merill Lynch Total Merill Cash Back switched from Signature to Platinum Plus

Anybody have this card? If you do, can you check what is the name in online banking?

I have this card for a decade now, and I rarely ever use it ... at max maybe 10 charges per year. Today, when I logon to online banking the name of the account was changed to "Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Visa". I chatted with a rep, and she told me this account was never a Visa Signature card, it have always been Platinum Plus. I knew right away she would be useless, and she has no idea what was I talking about. For as long as I can remember this card has always been Visa Signature, it says that on the card and on my statement. I called client services, the rep I spoken to told me I'm grandfathered and I will continue to enjoy all the benefit of Visa Signature like free movie via Fandango. He said it is still a Visa Signature account. Didn't answer my question of whether it has been switched or not. So weird...................

I have way too many cards ...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Merill Lynch Total Merill Cash Back switched from Signature to Platinum Plus

Mine also says Platinum Plus.  Never even noticed it.

Message 2 of 5
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

Re: Merill Lynch Total Merill Cash Back switched from Signature to Platinum Plus

@B335is wrote:

I definitely noticed it. lol I don't think ML has ever issued non Signature card. I got this card because back then this is was the only card I know of that charges only 2% FTF and still gives 1.25% CB. The account number is identified as a Visa Signature Card, so I guess I can continue to get some benefits out of it.

Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I definitely noticed it. lol I don't think ML has ever issued non Signature card. I got this card because back then this is was the only card I know of that charges only 2% FTF and still gives 1.25% CB. The account number is identified as a Visa Signature Card, so I guess I can continue to get some benefits out of it.

Cap1 Spark for Business is a flat 2% cash back, no FTF if you can get one.  I just used mine overseas and had no issues with it whatsoever.  2% FTF is still pretty low though.

Message 4 of 5
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

@B335is wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Cap1 Spark for Business is a flat 2% cash back, no FTF if you can get one.  I just used mine overseas and had no issues with it whatsoever.  2% FTF is still pretty low though.

I know, now we got a lot more options. 10 years ago .... 2% FTF and 1.25 CB on all pruchaes is unheard of.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.