Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Auto CLI Question

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Merrick Auto CLI Question

Hello.

I was granted a Merrick card with the published "7 months of on time payments automatically earns a double CLI" offer.

Since I immediately paid the AF, my balance is 0 before the first statement has even cut.  I expect that I actually will not use this card, but was currious if the auto CLI will be in jeopardy if there is no use.

Obviously, If I need to run some token transactions I will, but would prefer not to for various reasons.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Auto CLI Question

I wouldn't think it should be an issue.

I would run a couple of transactions between now an then and PIF just in case, but I don't believe it's in the Terms and Conditions.

But they did double mine just like they said....and they have actually been a good creditor for me since I opened in 2013.

Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

Hello.

I was granted a Merrick card with the published "7 months of on time payments automatically earns a double CLI" offer.

Since I immediately paid the AF, my balance is 0 before the first statement has even cut.  I expect that I actually will not use this card, but was currious if the auto CLI will be in jeopardy if there is no use.

Obviously, If I need to run some token transactions I will, but would prefer not to for various reasons.

Well, "7 months of on time payments" kinda implies you actually need to charge something to the account to be able to make the on time payments. Just charge a couple small monthly bills on it, like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I've had the card for almost 4 years and have outgrown it, but I charge Netflix and a few small bills, total around $50 & PIF before statement for a $0 balance statement, to keep it active & keep them happy, the $3100 CL helps keep my overall utilization low.

Message 3 of 6
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

Hello.

Well, "7 months of on time payments" kinda implies you actually need to charge something to the account to be able to make the on time payments. Just charge a couple small monthly bills on it, like Netflix, Hulu, etc. I've had the card for almost 4 years and have outgrown it, but I charge Netflix and a few small bills, total around $50 & PIF before statement for a $0 balance statement, to keep it active & keep them happy, the $3100 CL helps keep my overall utilization low.

I don't think it implies it.  I think it unclearly states it. 

For example, If a balance reported only every other month, and you PIF those months, I doubt you'd have to wait 14 months (and 7 "payments") for them to honor the terms of the agreeement.  I am reasonably certain of that.  But taken to my extreme of 0 balances in 7 months, I am not so sure, and was looking for feedback from those that tried it. 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only charged something three out of the 7 months, and got the double right on time.

Message 5 of 6
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Thanks, CAP.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.