Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank -- CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank -- CLIs

I've had a Merrick card (no AF, 16% APR) since 2009. Was maxed out for years and just recently paid off a bunch of CCs including this one. Would like to request a few CLIs to improve utilization to hopefully get a good balance transfer offer.

Any info on CLIs from Merrick? Number to call? There is no luv button. Also wondering if calling in for a CLI will result in a hard pull, which I am trying to avoid. Any info appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank -- CLIs

i am pretty positive they only do reviews for CLI's and trust what the computer says. merrick bank is interesting, they used to be like a prime and super subprime lender. I see lots of threads onthe net with people who have had merrick cards for 15-20 years with 6% apr. i would just leave that one alone and keep it for age and try to focus on other cards you have. maybe you might even see some auto-luv with them.  

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I think ddemari is right on the auto luv. I searched the threads very briefly and saw that a lot of people got strings of auto luv increases. But this also seemed to be based on usage.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it seems many people had the credit steps program with Hooters/Merrick -- double credit limit after 7 statements. I was never enrolled in that (never offered). Seems that people get (or used to get) auto CLIs every few months with regular usage and payment. But I wasn't sure about my situation, since being maxed out for years is slightly different. Have never gotten a CLI on this card.

I guess I won't bother calling. My guess is they would only add a few hundred bucks anyway, possibly with a hard pull. Maybe they'll do it automatically now that I have PIF and will lightly use it and continue to PIF.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.