Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Card - Does It Grow?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank Card - Does It Grow?

They started me with a $1k limit so I'm giving it some use and hoping it will be another vehicle to take me back to prime territory.  How is this card's growth potential? Auto CLIs, call in for them every 4-5 months ect...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Card - Does It Grow?

I got a pre screen app in the mail the other day.........said they would open  with 800 CL then in 7 months double it .....I shredded.....I am not looking for another credit rebuilder........

I want the prime stuff...Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called a little while after I posted this to confirm when my statement closing date is.  I ended up asking what their proceedure is. The woman said that they don't accept requested CLIs. The account would be reviewed after 6 months and may automatically be increased. If so, that will be noted on my statement. I wonder if it's an ongoing thing. I haven't noticed anyone here list a $5k Merrick Bank account.

Message 3 of 5
adavis425
Established Contributor

I've gotta tell you, Merrick is not a bad rebuilder at all. I opened mine in 2007 with an $800 CL. I don't remember how long it took to get the first cli,  but once they started they were EVERY four months like clockwork! Only 300-400 at a clip, but it added up pretty quickly. After a point, I didn't use the card, was simply paying down the balance, but the CLIs continued. As soon as I paid the card off, they stopped. Right now the cl is $2000. What I don't like about the card is the AF of $36 paid at $3 per month. They won't allow me to pay it one lump sum, so I have it set up through my bank's billpay to send them $3 every month before the due date so I show a zero balance.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 5
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

yeah ...I dont know if I want to add another tradeline that they reviewf for  cli.......I have that with Cap one......nothing ...nada....never

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.