cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Double You Line Visa Card... not doubling?

tag
DBSH
New Contributor

Merrick Bank Double You Line Visa Card... not doubling?

The card was approved May 29th so in theory it should have doubled by now as the 6 months have passed?

I haven't used the card in a while simply because I keep it in my  desk and all of my other cards have a bigger credit limit than the current $600 ( soon to hopefully be $1200) 

I got it as an unsecured replacement for my cap1 secured I had at the time if any of you really cared.

As far as the review: It's not an ugly card. It works. The site gives you a free TU score which is nice. DO NOT LOSE IT, because it costs $20 for a replacement card. If it double the creditline like its supposed to. The card has done everything it has promised to do.

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Double You Line Visa Card... not doubling?

it's after 7 months of paying on time...so for yours it'll be by dec 29th... Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 4
DBSH
New Contributor

I didnt know that. Thanks!

BofA Cash Rewards: $15,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $9,000; Discover IT $15,000; Amex BCE: $15,000. Barclaycard Ring $12,000; Amazon $5000:
Message 3 of 4
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

LOL  I have the same card with Merrick and was wondering why I wasn't seeing an increase.  I called yesterday and they said it is after seven months and that my account was set to be reviewed on Wednesday and I should see the higher limit reflected by friday. 

Also I guess the replacement card fee might be customized, because I kept on reading they would charge you anywhere from fifteen to twenty dollars for a replacement, but when I lost mine (I was sure it was somewhere in my stuff), they sent me one free of charge.  The rep I had spoken to said that my account had special terms and I wouldn't be charged for a replacement. 

Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.