Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

@racer-x wrote:

I received an offer from Merrick last week.   I did the research on them and they have terrible reviews.

Somebody even started a website about them.  http://www.merrickbanksucks.com/

wow, the website owner must have really had a horrible experience with merrick. that site sure does show some dedication lol

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@gettnthere wrote:

@racer-x wrote:

I received an offer from Merrick last week.   I did the research on them and they have terrible reviews.

Somebody even started a website about them.  http://www.merrickbanksucks.com/

wow, the website owner must have really had a horrible experience with merrick. that site sure does show some dedication lol

Someone was bored. If you google Merrick Bank and Scam you'll find out that it's a scam. Google Wal-Mart and Scam and you'll find out that they are a scam too. The internet is a public bathroom wall of sorts..

Message 12 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I had added the link for more info in the CMS Guide, but it is a CC-enhanced TU FICO 08, unlike the Classic version of the TU08 offered at Wal-Mart. Different scale.

Message 13 of 30
android01
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I had added the link for more info in the CMS Guide, but it is a CC-enhanced TU FICO 08, unlike the Classic version of the TU08 offered at Wal-Mart. Different scale.

Darn.  I was hoping it might be a TU04 score, which seems to be the version most used.  I'd consider getting one of thier cards just for the score if it was TU04.  I'm still hoping that someday, Myfico will give us TU04 instead of the antique TU98.  Smiley Frustrated

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 14 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@android01 wrote:
 I'm still hoping that someday, Myfico will give us TU04 instead of the antique TU98.  Smiley Frustrated

I may be wrong with my source, but I heard that it was TU blocking access to the upgrade so as to continue to promote the Vantage and/or the TransRisk FAKOs, similar to what EX is doing. That would support why transunioncs.com (note the -cs) was taken down, because it was TU-sponsored and offered a TU98 FICO. Also heard that myFICO was in talks at one point to offer a TU04, though I don't know what happened to that. Here's to hoping....

ETA....at least there's some hope with the FICO-on-statements program (e.g. PSECU, Merrick, DCU, etc.)...all we need is a lender that signed up to that service and if they use TU04, then we'll get it.

Message 15 of 30
Tristate
Contributor

Just signed up for paperless statement and free Fico they offered.

It says this under the score:

"The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO® 8 Bankcard Score.
This is the same score we use to manage your account."  8 Bankard scores range between 250 and 900.

It is only 1 point lower then my EQ from here. I will track this for few months if it will be this close I may cancel my Scorewatch Smiley Happy

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 16 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Tristate wrote:

This is the same score we use to manage your account."  8 Bankard scores range between 250 and 900.

It is only 1 point lower then my EQ from here. I will track this for few months if it will be this close I may cancel my Scorewatch Smiley Happy

Just remember that the EQ FICO from here is an EQ FICO (obviously) and that the CC-enhanced FICO8 is from TU.

Message 17 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Tristate wrote:

Hrm, whenever I manage to get the serious financial elephants out of my living room ideally this next year, think I may go apply for a Walmart card and open a Merrick Bank account for giggles just to track a corresponding Classic vs. Bankcard model over time.

Thank you for posting this.

        
Message 18 of 30
Tristate
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Tristate wrote:

Just remember that the EQ FICO from here is an EQ FICO (obviously) and that the CC-enhanced FICO8 is from TU.

Do we know that for 100% that is TU ?

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
Message 19 of 30
Tristate
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Tristate wrote:

Hrm, whenever I manage to get the serious financial elephants out of my living room ideally this next year, think I may go apply for a Walmart card and open a Merrick Bank account for giggles just to track a corresponding Classic vs. Bankcard model over time.

Thank you for posting this.

I was thinking the same way . Maybe I can get a Walmart card a year from now. But as I know it is a GE card and I've burned them in my BK .How are the chances to re-establish relationship with them ? Do they blacklist ?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.