Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank Free Fico Score

@Tristate wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Tristate wrote:

Just signed up for paperless statement and free Fico they offered.

It says this under the score:

"The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO® 8 Bankcard Score.
This is the same score we use to manage your account."  8 Bankard scores range between 250 and 900.

It is only 1 point lower then my EQ from here. I will track this for few months if it will be this close I may cancel my Scorewatch Smiley Happy

Just remember that the EQ FICO from here is an EQ FICO (obviously) and that the CC-enhanced FICO8 is from TU.

Do we know that for 100% that is TU ?

From upthread:

The display page ("Go Score") is trademarked TransUnion

Message 21 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Tristate wrote:

I was thinking the same way . Maybe I can get a Walmart card a year from now. But as I know it is a GE card and I've burned them in my BK .How are the chances to re-establish relationship with them ? Do they blacklist ?

Not to my knowledge, GE is one of the more BK-friendly lenders in general when it comes to re-establishing credit though individual store cards have individual standards and that might apply to here as well.  I'd look through the old forum posts regarding Walmart cards or BK-friendly threads for a better answer.

        
Message 22 of 30
john398
Senior Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Tristate wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@Tristate wrote:

Just signed up for paperless statement and free Fico they offered.

It says this under the score:

"The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO® 8 Bankcard Score.
This is the same score we use to manage your account."  8 Bankard scores range between 250 and 900.

It is only 1 point lower then my EQ from here. I will track this for few months if it will be this close I may cancel my Scorewatch Smiley Happy

Just remember that the EQ FICO from here is an EQ FICO (obviously) and that the CC-enhanced FICO8 is from TU.

Do we know that for 100% that is TU ?

From upthread:

The display page ("Go Score") is trademarked TransUnion

But it is also a real FICO score they provide this link https://cso.merrickbank.com/myFICO_UYFS_Booklet.pdf and state:

The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO® 8 Bankcard Score.
This is the same score we use to manage your account.
Message 23 of 30
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

hello,

i have merrick and signed up for the goscore...however, my report is still showing from january...does it update monthly? i even tried switching it back to paper statements and then going back to paperless, but the score it shows is still from january...

dc

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 24 of 30
Jp2slow

The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO®                     8 Bankcard Score.

Ive enjoyed my Merrick card so far and the bumped me from 1k to 2k with auto Cli  while making payments off a FULL balance.  Above is the scoring they use and its on par with my score from PSECU

Message 25 of 30
boomhower
Valued Contributor

So it's a TU08 score.  Same as the Walmart card give if I'm not mistaken. 

Message 26 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@boomhower wrote:

Walmat is the base TU08

Merrick is the Bankcard-enhanced version of TU08.

I haven't compared the two directly but that's what's been stated here previously, haven't seen otherwise.

        
Message 27 of 30
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I just got my Merrick Bank Card today, signed up and went paperless and now my profile shows the go score link. Says my FICO score is 621

Still waiting for my WALMART card to arrive so I can see what that card's FICO report says.

Message 28 of 30
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

Walmat is the base TU08

Merrick is the Bankcard-enhanced version of TU08.

I haven't compared the two directly but that's what's been stated here previously, haven't seen otherwise.

+1. 

I have them both and DO compare them monthly.  My TU08 is about 15 points higher than my bankcard-enhanced TU08.

(Can you say, "utilitzation is too high"?)

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 29 of 30
kawaiiguy
Established Member

@Jp2slow wrote:

The FICO® Score listed below is the FICO®                     8 Bankcard Score.

Ive enjoyed my Merrick card so far and the bumped me from 1k to 2k with auto Cli  while making payments off a FULL balance.  Above is the scoring they use and its on par with my score from PSECU

Keep on making payments on time, ahead of sched, and keep that balance down.  Had mine for 5 years and it's $4050 as of now, due to increase in a month or so.   IF you are in their "sweet spot" of behaviours they will bump you about every 6 months by about 3-400 $$.  (this is just my experience so don't start with the hate replies please calling me wrong)  Its nice to have an aged account with that balance but I will NEVER carry a balance on a 24% card, just foolish!  I have tried and tried to get a rate reduction but to no avail.  Still it's a good one to have as it will look good on your report Good Luck!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.