cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank = Total Shysters (What else is new, right?) UPDATE: No resolution

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Bank = Total Shysters (What else is new, right?)

@boomhower wrote:

They are on my hit list do to the annual fee being billed monthly.  I have two of them, how are you guys getting the FICO through them?  Only reason I have kept them this long is the $3200 and $1900 CL and relatively low interest rate for me.

did u sign up for paperless statements? that is the only way you can access the score. It is under "Go Score" on their website.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 26
krisg88
New Contributor

does anyone know what CRA the score is from?

Message 22 of 26
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@krisg88 wrote:

does anyone know what CRA the score is from?

it is a bankcard enhanced TU08 Fico Score. It is the same exact score i got from Discover letter when i requested a CLI via SP and got denied. Not sure it is coincidence but it looks like more lenders may be using this model now.

Message 23 of 26
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

PCMedic, now that I've had a day to cool down, I think I will do that.  I appreciate it that you explained exactly how to do it.  I was too angry yesterday to let the manager explain to me all the steps that would need to be done, so I sort of hung up in a big huff.  (I wasn't rude to her personally - I never do that - but I was short-tempered and told her exactly what I think of the "bank" she works for  - but I'm sure she already knows exactly what kind of organization Merrick is.)

My husband is going to contact Capital One today and request an email; I'll then call Merrick to get the fax number.  They were really trying to push the fax number on me yesterday, as in, "Would you like the fax number in case you change your mind?" LOL.  I guess they do want to open the account back up.

Thanks for outlining it step-by-step!

Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

PCMedic, now that I've had a day to cool down, I think I will do that.  I appreciate it that you explained exactly how to do it.  I was too angry yesterday to let the manager explain to me all the steps that would need to be done, so I sort of hung up in a big huff.  (I wasn't rude to her personally - I never do that - but I was short-tempered and told her exactly what I think of the "bank" she works for  - but I'm sure she already knows exactly what kind of organization Merrick is.)

My husband is going to contact Capital One today and request an email; I'll then call Merrick to get the fax number.  They were really trying to push the fax number on me yesterday, as in, "Would you like the fax number in case you change your mind?" LOL.  I guess they do want to open the account back up.

Thanks for outlining it step-by-step!

Hopefully it all works out for you Chester and they re-open that account for you!...Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Well, my balance is 0 now because the BT went through when submitted through the Capital One site.

Never, ever, pay a credit card with a BT check from another issuer (online, I mean.  Maybe mailing it in would have worked.) 

Capital One will not write a letter (they don't have a "template" for that, and it went to several levels of management, and we spent probably a total of two hours on the phone with them, including a three-way phone call they placed to Merrick. They were willing to explain, from a high level, to Merrick on the phone, that I had not done anything wrong, but they just will not write a letter.)

And a letter is the ONLY thing Merrick will accept.

So my Merrick account, in perfect standing, with a balance paid off well before any payment was even due, remains closed!