Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Credit Card CLI?

tag
Mvpbowler
Contributor

Re: Merrick Credit Card CLI?

In the same boat. I have had the card for quite a few years with them. I saw 1 auto CLI. It went from $1000 to $1450 and haven't had another one since. My score on their page is 711. I have several other cards as high as $7500. Unfortunately because they won't go higher I stopped using it and that is probably why they don't increase it. That evil game with credit cards.

Message 11 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

I ran the card to just under the limit of $1600.00 last month then paid it off before the statement closed. This month I've used about half of the limit. Decided to call to see what they'd say about an increase. I knew what the answer would be but the answer is always "no" if you don't ask. I was given the answer that I expected. They don't accept customer requests for an increase. Accounts are reviewed once in awhile to possible increase the limits. Oh well. I'm going to give it heavy use again this month then get back to using my rewards cards. I'll run a little through it each month. Would be nice if the limit eventually goes to $5k. Doubt that. Even $2500-$3500. wouldn't be bad

I doubt they give out CLs as high as $5k, they're a subprime lender. I've had the card for almost 4 years and carried a balance as high as $1100 a couple years back when things were tight. I have $3100 CL but almost a year since any CLI. And I din't expect any more CLIs, I've outgrown the card and just have Netflix & another small monthly bill charge to it and then PIF before statement just to keep it active and hopefully keep them happy. .

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick bank does not do any customer-initiated CLI. They only review accounts and auto-CLI, which is rare occurrence.
My card does not cost me anything, so I keep it open for reporting purposes only. Merrick won't grow with you.

Message 13 of 18
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Merrick likes usage and carrying balances. I started with a $500 limit 5 years ago and currently sit at $2050. Only put a small auto charge per month it

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 14 of 18
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I like the auto-charge idea. I might just do that to maintain use each month. I believe some people pay an annual fee for this card. It doesn't cost me anything so I don't have any reason to get rid of it.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had 4x$200 CLI with them. But none so far this year Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol speaking of the devil, I think they're reading this thread or something. But I've just logged into my account and bam $200 CLI I'll take $2000 CL from Merrick

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are not ready, I don't think to apply for new cards. Store cards, I'm good with, but Visa,MC 

Capital One just recently gave me CLI on all three of my cards, but right now with a scores between 589-615 it's not time yet (I don't think) to apply. I was just hoping to get an increase from Merrick to help.  

What are you limits on your other cards? I don't get the idea that Merrick has any rewards, so if you don't use the card, it may be time to close it, especially if there is an AF. Also, you probably have some derogs. You should head over to the Rebuilding Credit forum and see if you can do anything to get them removed. That is the single fastest way to raise your score. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.