Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Double your Line Data Point

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Double your Line Data Point

I'm posting this to ask a question and to later give a data point regarding the double line offer.

My question is will they double your line at the end of the 7 months if you never use the card?

I will post when my 7 months are up which will be June/July depending on how long it takes for them to update the card, and I only used the card once when I first got it.

This may serve a purpose to someone who is trying to rebuild and wants to have more credit to reduce utility % but doesn't want to use a non rewarding card.

For me it doesn't matter because at 11 months I'm closing this card, I just wanted a thicker file to show I can handle having lots of credit available.

One real plus is it gives a free TU Fico score, which may help someone who is rebuilding.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Merrick Double your Line Data Point

I am wondering this too and there is conflicting information on the forums if you search on it. I just got my card last week.  I think it does specifically say "after 7 on time payments", not "after 7 months" but I may be wrong.    I am going to set up my $8 Netflix on this card I think. I also just got a Discover IT secured so I am going to be running everything else through that.  

Message 2 of 3
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick Double your Line Data Point

If you don't plan on using it then don't waste a HP applying for it. If your looking to pad utilization, it's rather pointless because the SL is paltry say $500 to $800. Unless you plan on putting a small purchase on it every month I'd say pass on it. The card will not really help showing you can handle lots of credit, it will just show you can handle a toy card by not using it. There are better options to show responsibility.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.