baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Merrick bank double your line visa

Got same offer. Shredded it.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't app for prime cards because we'll I'm chicken and I don't think my reports are quite ready yet. I'm still gardening all of my new accounts I've opened this year. I have one prime card I managed to get back in July, my Chase Freedom, but that was after recon. I'm beyond grateful they gave me a chance! I really want another Chase card but again, I'm too chicken to app. Smiley Happy Your lineup is impressive!
Message 12 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Taxi you have great cards. Merrick isn't a prime lender. They target rebuilders. Aren't you past that point?? Seems like a step backwards.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't app for prime cards because we'll I'm chicken and I don't think my reports are quite ready yet. I'm still gardening all of my new accounts I've opened this year. I have one prime card I managed to get back in July, my Chase Freedom, but that was after recon. I'm beyond grateful they gave me a chance! I really want another Chase card but again, I'm too chicken to app. Smiley Happy Your lineup is impressive!

Believe it or not, I agree with not applying until your reports are in better shape and can handle the hit.

I was virtually app free (Other than trying to get a second AMEX, applying incognito every few months), until my App-o-rama which started in late August when my EX/TU scores saw a nice 20pt jump from where my EQ is now.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never apped for an Amex, Citi, BofA or any of those cards. Lol. I'm not really interested in them at the moment. The only 2 cards I want now is Lowes, which looks like that may never happen, and after some research and a fellow MyFicoer suggestion, the Sallie Mae card. I'll probably app for Lowes again soon and wait until around February or March for SM. I am determined to get that dang Lowes card. Smiley Happy Congrats on your recent successes!
Message 15 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Taxi you have great cards. Merrick isn't a prime lender. They target rebuilders. Aren't you past that point?? Seems like a step backwards.

Yes. I'm not in rebuilding mode. Was just curious. I never ever heard of them actually. 

Message 16 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nah,shred it. Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.