Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick bank question guys :)

tag
Creditsekker
Established Member

Merrick bank question guys :)

Hello everyone  im trying to help a friend to recover and rebuild hes credit 

and he doesnt have a computer so he ask me as a favor to ask  the best of the best  here for info from merrick bank secured credit card 

this is hes question 

Does a Merrick Bank secured credit card report as secured? And does it graduate to unsecured later?

whatever advice would be really apreciate it  guys   

Thank you very much in advance 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Merrick bank question guys :)

Mine does report as secured and no they do not graduate but y do get a monthly TU score for free if you sign up for paperless statements . Ive had mine since Nov . But I'd try cap1, bank of America and a few other places before merrick . I didn't know better when I got mine but I've had no problems with them.
Message 2 of 7
Creditsekker
Established Member

@twall06 wrote:
Mine does report as secured and no they do not graduate but y do get a monthly TU score for free if you sign up for paperless statements . Ive had mine since Nov . But I'd try cap1, bank of America and a few other places before merrick . I didn't know better when I got mine but I've had no problems with them.

@Anonymous for the info  @twall06

i guess that  having the TU fico score for free is worth the whole process 

thank you very much 

Message 3 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

I'd read about all the fees also it isn't the worst card but does have a high yearly fee . After the first year it is charged in monthly installments.
Message 4 of 7
tonyljeff
Established Member

the good thing about merrick bank is that they do auto cli every 4 to 6 months if you have a non secured card with them

Starting Score: 601 July 2013
Current Score: 625 sept 2013
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Also i would try the card match on cap1 site to see if he can get one a secured card with them .
Message 6 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Creditsekker wrote:

Hello everyone  im trying to help a friend to recover and rebuild hes credit 

and he doesnt have a computer so he ask me as a favor to ask  the best of the best  here for info from merrick bank secured credit card 

this is hes question 

Does a Merrick Bank secured credit card report as secured? And does it graduate to unsecured later?

whatever advice would be really apreciate it  guys   

Thank you very much in advance 

any reason why he wants a merrick secured card compared to other banks? there are better ones out there that will graduate (ie., bofa, wells, us bank), and CUs such as SDFCU...also if you're friend can't qualify for secured cards from those institutions mentioned (they still do check your score even though it's secured), then go with cap one Smiley Happy capone does partial or full security deposit based on your score...ie, deposit 49 for 200 CL or depo 200 for 200 CL...but capone doesn't graduate...you're have to close the account to get your deposit back...lastly, most--if not all--will charge AF

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.