Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick cli question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick cli question

I am coming up on my anniversary for Merrick. They will begin charging me four dollars a month for an annual fee. Does anyone know how this card grows? I received the double your limit offer, starting at 550 then to 1100. Customer service is clueless, I asked about the annual fee and he kept explaining finance charges. When do they generally increase credit lines and how much? I am trying to justify keeping the card for age due to a recent app spree. Just want to make sure that the card grows. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick cli question

@Anonymous wrote:

I am coming up on my anniversary for Merrick. They will begin charging me four dollars a month for an annual fee. Does anyone know how this card grows? I received the double your limit offer, starting at 550 then to 1100. Customer service is clueless, I asked about the annual fee and he kept explaining finance charges. When do they generally increase credit lines and how much? I am trying to justify keeping the card for age due to a recent app spree. Just want to make sure that the card grows. Thanks in advance.

Close it before your AF starts. Keeping a card for age is pointless, as it doesn't affect your AAoA when you close it - it takes 10 years for that effect, which is usually mitigated by other accounts. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't grow much.  I got the same offer, double after six months.  Started at $600, after six months went to $1200, and there it remained for 11-12 months, when they gave me a whopping $300 more, bringing it to $1500.  I keep it around because it was my first card after rebuilding and helps with utilization, but I don't pay much attention to it anymore because I have so many better cards now.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't grow much.  I got the same offer, double after six months.  Started at $600, after six months went to $1200, and there it remained for 11-12 months, when they gave me a whopping $300 more, bringing it to $1500.  I keep it around because it was my first card after rebuilding and helps with utilization, but I don't pay much attention to it anymore because I have so many better cards now.  

Mine doubled to 1500.  But just passed one year mark.  Didn't get an increase.  Luckily I don't have an annual fee or I'd close it right now.  

Message 5 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

I closed mine at the one year mark. that card is not meant to keep as a strategy for a high limit card. plus they have horrible csr, charge HIGH apr, offer no perks expect for the fico.

once i had better cards, i closed them right up and have zero regrets about it. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.... they wouldn't even waive annual fee

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have AF either, started with 1100, promised to double CL after seven mos, just made a first payment, their website is very archaic Smiley Happy I'm thinking after 1-2 years this card will be in my drawer collecting the dustSmiley Happy That's my nickel's worth free advice. Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.