Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill Accolades discontinued?

tag
scottykhan
Contributor

Merrill Accolades discontinued?

I just checked Merrill Lynch website and Merrill Accolades card is removed from the list of available credit cards to Merrill Lynch customers. It was there yesterday when I checked my account. Does any one know whether this card is discontinued?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrill Accolades discontinued?

@scottykhan wrote:
I just checked Merrill Lynch website and Merrill Accolades card is removed from the list of available credit cards to Merrill Lynch customers. It was there yesterday when I checked my account. Does any one know whether this card is discontinued?

Yup, looks like it's gone.  Not finding it anywhere.  Also checked some of the other forum sites, no mention anywhere of it's demise.  You've scooped everyone !

EDIT:  Looks like it's joined the Unicorn and the Phantom.  Wonder if there's some sort of retirement home for defunct credit/charge cards?  Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

thats sad Smiley Happy  May be they will bring another card with much better terms and conditions and that card might compete with Amex black card

Message 3 of 9
HiLine
Blogger

They probably eliminated the card due to low demand.

Message 4 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

Anyone else know whether they really eliminated the card?
Message 5 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:
Anyone else know whether they really eliminated the card?

Well, apparently the Accolades has not been eliminated, just much more difficult to obtain.  I called ML card services, they advise that it's still available, but one has to apply for it through your Merrill Lynch Broker/Advisor.  So, apparently it's reverted back to having to have assets established with ML to even apply for it, rather than being open to general application.  Guess that's why they took it off the ML website, that it's not generally available but is now even more of a specialty card.  Guess I will just have to be satisfied with my Plus card ! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

Thanks for the info but the question is do you have to be ML member in order to qualify? What if you could satisfy the asset requirement with BOA Savings and money market accounts?
Message 7 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@scottykhan wrote:
Thanks for the info but the question is do you have to be ML member in order to qualify? What if you could satisfy the asset requirement with BOA Savings and money market accounts?

My guess would be yes, you have to be a member, based on how the CSR stated it...that one had to apply through your Merrill Lynch Broker/Advisor.  I told him I was not yet a member but was interested in moving some funds to an ML account and he repeated that if I talked to my broker about the Accolades card, the broker could submit my application.  Since I'm not ready to do that, I really didn't pursue any more questions. 

Message 8 of 9
scottykhan
Contributor

I will talk to my banker on Monday and will ask him about it. Will update you on it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.