Contributor
scottykhan

Merrill Accolades discontinued?

I just checked Merrill Lynch website and Merrill Accolades card is removed from the list of available credit cards to Merrill Lynch customers. It was there yesterday when I checked my account. Does any one know whether this card is discontinued?
Valued Contributor
thom02099

Re: Merrill Accolades discontinued?

[ Edited ]

scottykhan wrote:
I just checked Merrill Lynch website and Merrill Accolades card is removed from the list of available credit cards to Merrill Lynch customers. It was there yesterday when I checked my account. Does any one know whether this card is discontinued?

Yup, looks like it's gone.  Not finding it anywhere.  Also checked some of the other forum sites, no mention anywhere of it's demise.  You've scooped everyone !

EDIT:  Looks like it's joined the Unicorn and the Phantom.  Wonder if there's some sort of retirement home for defunct credit/charge cards?  :smileyvery-happy: 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
Contributor
scottykhan

thats sad :smileyhappy:  May be they will bring another card with much better terms and conditions and that card might compete with Amex black card

Blogger
HiLine

They probably eliminated the card due to low demand.

Contributor
scottykhan

Anyone else know whether they really eliminated the card?
Valued Contributor
thom02099

scottykhan wrote:
Anyone else know whether they really eliminated the card?

Well, apparently the Accolades has not been eliminated, just much more difficult to obtain.  I called ML card services, they advise that it's still available, but one has to apply for it through your Merrill Lynch Broker/Advisor.  So, apparently it's reverted back to having to have assets established with ML to even apply for it, rather than being open to general application.  Guess that's why they took it off the ML website, that it's not generally available but is now even more of a specialty card.  Guess I will just have to be satisfied with my Plus card ! :smileywink:

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

Contributor
scottykhan

Thanks for the info but the question is do you have to be ML member in order to qualify? What if you could satisfy the asset requirement with BOA Savings and money market accounts?
Valued Contributor
thom02099

scottykhan wrote:
Thanks for the info but the question is do you have to be ML member in order to qualify? What if you could satisfy the asset requirement with BOA Savings and money market accounts?

My guess would be yes, you have to be a member, based on how the CSR stated it...that one had to apply through your Merrill Lynch Broker/Advisor.  I told him I was not yet a member but was interested in moving some funds to an ML account and he repeated that if I talked to my broker about the Accolades card, the broker could submit my application.  Since I'm not ready to do that, I really didn't pursue any more questions. 

Contributor
scottykhan

I will talk to my banker on Monday and will ask him about it. Will update you on it :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+