Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill + CC Changes?

tag
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

Re: Merrill + CC Changes?

Well, I called ML to do a follow up and was told I was denied.  When I asked what the deciding factor was for the denial, I was told that I would have to wait for the letter to come in the mail (7-10 days).  Wouldn't they have that information on their system and be able to answer my questions on the phone?  Are there representatives at ML that one can talk to for a second review?
Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 11 of 14
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Thundersteven, sorry to hear. By any chance do you have any negative items on your credit report such as high debt to credit ratio, too many inquiries, collections, etc? Some creditors will have the reasons for denial on their system and some wont.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 12 of 14
Thunderseven
Regular Contributor

Well, I got my denial letter from ML today.  It says I was denied because I don't have enough revolving credit or length of revolving credit.  I think I found the problem.  They ran their check through TU and EX, but only used EX to make their decision.  When I saw this, I checked my account on TC and found that all of my revolving credit, except for my new BoA card, is reporting on EQ.  They did say I could write and ask for reconsideration if I had new information that would help change their decision.

Should I ask them to run my EQ CR and see if that changes anything?  If so, how long do I have that I can send the letter?  I just got my green card back from EQ today on another issue I'm working.  Should I wait to hear about this before writing ML for reconsideration?

Thunderseven.....TU-8 835 (11/02/2023) EQ-8 822 (11/02/2023) EX-8 828 (11/02/2023) I don't ask for much, the truth will do just fine....
Message 13 of 14
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Thunderseven wrote:

Well, I got my denial letter from ML today.  It says I was denied because I don't have enough revolving credit or length of revolving credit.  I think I found the problem.  They ran their check through TU and EX, but only used EX to make their decision.  When I saw this, I checked my account on TC and found that all of my revolving credit, except for my new BoA card, is reporting on EQ.  They did say I could write and ask for reconsideration if I had new information that would help change their decision.

Should I ask them to run my EQ CR and see if that changes anything?  If so, how long do I have that I can send the letter?  I just got my green card back from EQ today on another issue I'm working.  Should I wait to hear about this before writing ML for reconsideration?

1) How can that be. You must have a thin/young credit file with some real oddball TL's on it.

2) Fix your credit reports first, then apply for credit.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.