Regular Contributor
Thunderseven

Re: Merrill + CC Changes?

Well, I called ML to do a follow up and was told I was denied.  When I asked what the deciding factor was for the denial, I was told that I would have to wait for the letter to come in the mail (7-10 days).  Wouldn't they have that information on their system and be able to answer my questions on the phone?  Are there representatives at ML that one can talk to for a second review?
Thunderseven.....TU 712 (08/21/2013) EQ 696 08/21/2013 EX 719 908/21/2013) All FICO's

I don't ask for much,
The truth will do just fine....

Established Contributor
Chopbrocoli

Thundersteven, sorry to hear. By any chance do you have any negative items on your credit report such as high debt to credit ratio, too many inquiries, collections, etc? Some creditors will have the reasons for denial on their system and some wont.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Regular Contributor
Thunderseven

Well, I got my denial letter from ML today.  It says I was denied because I don't have enough revolving credit or length of revolving credit.  I think I found the problem.  They ran their check through TU and EX, but only used EX to make their decision.  When I saw this, I checked my account on TC and found that all of my revolving credit, except for my new BoA card, is reporting on EQ.  They did say I could write and ask for reconsideration if I had new information that would help change their decision.

Should I ask them to run my EQ CR and see if that changes anything?  If so, how long do I have that I can send the letter?  I just got my green card back from EQ today on another issue I'm working.  Should I wait to hear about this before writing ML for reconsideration?

Thunderseven.....TU 712 (08/21/2013) EQ 696 08/21/2013 EX 719 908/21/2013) All FICO's

I don't ask for much,
The truth will do just fine....

Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Thunderseven wrote:

Well, I got my denial letter from ML today.  It says I was denied because I don't have enough revolving credit or length of revolving credit.  I think I found the problem.  They ran their check through TU and EX, but only used EX to make their decision.  When I saw this, I checked my account on TC and found that all of my revolving credit, except for my new BoA card, is reporting on EQ.  They did say I could write and ask for reconsideration if I had new information that would help change their decision.

Should I ask them to run my EQ CR and see if that changes anything?  If so, how long do I have that I can send the letter?  I just got my green card back from EQ today on another issue I'm working.  Should I wait to hear about this before writing ML for reconsideration?

1) How can that be. You must have a thin/young credit file with some real oddball TL's on it.

2) Fix your credit reports first, then apply for credit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+