Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+ Registration Problem

tag
budugu
Regular Contributor

Merrill+ Registration Problem

Hi all I was trying to register my Merril+ card online at FIA card services (https://www.ibsnetaccess.com/NASApp/NetAccess/LoginDisplay) and would keep claiming that the account number is not valid! Did any one face a similar issue? I have made few purchases on it so the card is working.

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Re: Merrill+ Registration Problem

I've had the Merrill+ for quite some time now but had never tried to register it through FIA card services. I accessed it through my Merrill account the first time and then linked it to my BofA account which I've used exclusively since.  I just tried to register with FIA so that I could tell you if it was just your card or if it was a problem with others as well.  I got an error message stating that the account number didn't match their records.  Not much help I know but it doesn't appear that it is just your account.  My Fidelity card recommended that I access it through FIA but it has been so long on the Merrill card that I don't remember if they recommended that or not. If your literature or a message from suggested that you go through FIA card services then I guess a call to them will be needed.

Message 2 of 7
Leadberry
Established Contributor

I thought the Merrill was meant to be accessed through Merrill or BOA, not FIA.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@budugu wrote:

Hi all I was trying to register my Merril+ card online at FIA card services (https://www.ibsnetaccess.com/NASApp/NetAccess/LoginDisplay) and would keep claiming that the account number is not valid! Did any one face a similar issue? I have made few purchases on it so the card is working.

Can you explain what you mean by "registering"?  That can have more than one meaning. 

If you are looking to access your account on line for statements, billing, etc, use of www.bankofamerica.com and create your account there, if you have no other BofA account.  Both BofA and ML accounts show up there; that's how I set my ML account up for access. 

Message 4 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@thom02099 wrote:

@budugu wrote:

Can you explain what you mean by "registering"?  That can have more than one meaning. 

If you are looking to access your account on line for statements, billing, etc, use of www.bankofamerica.com and create your account there, if you have no other BofA account.  Both BofA and ML accounts show up there; that's how I set my ML account up for access. 

This is how I access mine as well.  I use the FIA card services site for my Fidelity Amex only

Message 5 of 7
hemi961
Regular Contributor

On the back of the card it has the web address www.card.ml.com which will allow you to register through BofA and as was stated above, even if you have no other relationship with BofA you can still set up online banking with your ML card. It is a very simple process.  It's been a long time since I set up access so I didn't remember the exact steps but I knew I had never tried to register with FIA.

Message 6 of 7
budugu
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

This is how I access mine as well.  I use the FIA card services site for my Fidelity Amex only

Thanks 09LEXIE, thom02099, hemi961, leadberry! ... I just wanted to check my statement and pay the fee will register with BoA. When i had the ML+ years ago (>6) i remember it was through FIA website! Completely forgot that now BoA owns ML Smiley Happy 

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.