Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+ beautiful card

tag
DerekD
New Contributor

Merrill+ beautiful card

Anyone get this card recently? If so what score/inquir/utili when you applied? This card is absolutely gorgeous however I have relatively low history and have no relations with bofa as I heard that helps. Just trying to figure out my chances thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Merrill+ beautiful card

I don't remember exactly but I was around 720 on EQ and EX when I applied over the phone for the card. They gave me an inital limit of 10k but immeadtly asked for more. They gave 15k. 4 months later i called and bumped it to 20k and at the 1 year mark I asked for an increase to 30k and they gave it and said if I closed our amex cards they would be more aggressive. I haven't followed up on that. But I got the letter saying BOA is dropping FIA and going back to managing the ML cards themselves. Right now I love the customer service from the wealth managment team

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 2 of 8
DerekD
New Contributor

did u have any relation with bofa?

Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I apped for it along with FidAmex on the same day.  CS were 748, they pulled EX.  Initial CL's were $10k each, three months later I requested an increase on Merrill, approved for $25k.  No banking relationship with BoA; AAOA over 6 years, util at approval 15%.  When I added for the increase, util on the card was 5%

Message 4 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Did the same as Lexie09 with initial CL of $15k.  CS on EX was 780 and 3 INQs.  Have checking, savings, and CC with BoA (really impacted the CL); AAoA over 10 years, util at 2%.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 8
DerekD
New Contributor

Well I'm only 19 and my AAOA is only about 8 months now because I got the chase CSP and amex BCE... My score is is 734 ex and I heard this was a difficult card to obtain. Anyone know want to guess my chances ?
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

it's really not that hard.

the underwriting requirements are probably not too far off compared to the CSP.

do go through the rewards structure and make sure this card is going to be useful for you though. I kinda regret applying for it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
bk510
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

I don't remember exactly but I was around 720 on EQ and EX when I applied over the phone for the card. They gave me an inital limit of 10k but immeadtly asked for more. They gave 15k. 4 months later i called and bumped it to 20k and at the 1 year mark I asked for an increase to 30k and they gave it and said if I closed our amex cards they would be more aggressive. I haven't followed up on that. But I got the letter saying BOA is dropping FIA and going back to managing the ML cards themselves. Right now I love the customer service from the wealth managment team

Whats ur limit on AMEX?

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.