@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Pssst...Pssst... It's me... over here!  LOL

Oh no not you 2 in the same thread Lol.

Should I send out an alert Smiley LOL

Oh Hiiiiiii myjourney!  Lovely nite isn't it?  I swear I didn't do anything... LOL

Hi FinStar

Yeah yeah I've heard em all it wasn't me......yeah right Smiley LOL

Well, ummm... you know... he was just ummmm curious... like how it would show up on the CRAs and whatnot... just a little innocent post....you know, to help the community Robot Very Happy

ROFLMAO

The one was so good....nice come back

I'm will let you off with a warning this time but I don't want to see you in this county (thread) no more Lol LolSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Merrill lynch

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Oh Hiiiiiii myjourney!  Lovely nite isn't it?  I swear I didn't do anything... LOL

Hi FinStar

Well, ummm... you know... he was just ummmm curious... like how it would show up on the CRAs and whatnot... just a little innocent post....you know, to help the community Robot Very Happy

ROFLMAO

I'm will let you off with a warning this time but I don't want to see you in this county (thread) no more Lol LolSmiley LOL

Ok, ok... sounds fair... Well, can I pop in here just to check enharus' response?  I promise I'll behave  Robot LOL 

Message 12 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hi FinStar

ROFLMAO

Ok, ok... sounds fair... Well, can I pop in here just to check enharus' response?  I promise I'll behave  Robot LOL 

That will be OK legitimate reason but ERT's are watching for an slip upsSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 13 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I'm accessing my Merrill+ card through BofA website.

Setting up an online account was somewhat confusing at the start, but a BofA CSR got everything done for me over the phone in 10-15mins. Smiley Happy

Oh really?  So, the regular BOA site?  Well, this is nice when I get the Merrill+... as it stands I have to lg into a separate FIA site for my Fidelity AMEX.  OTOH, my Privileges Cash Rewards and Accelerated Rewards are all on my same dashboard with the other BOA accounts.

Yea I am accessing it via BOA site.

There was a bit of confusion initially. The Merrill CSR transferred me to BOA to set up my online account. However, since I do not have any BOA accounts, the BOA CSR told me that I had to access my account via MerrillEdge instead. I told him I was just transferred to him from Merrill, so rather than to send me on a merry-go-round ride like any Citi CSR would, he kept me on hold for about 3-5mins. When he came back, my account was all set up with temporary USER ID and password. 

So far the CSRs seem decent. If it were Citi they would have transferred me to another department before I could even say a single word.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 38
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I wore a Groucho Marx disguise kit but I think I've been had.....run!

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 15 of 38
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

In my defense, Fin Star's massive link post yesterday gave me the fever but I'm still holding on! Smiley LOL

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 16 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I'm accessing my Merrill+ card through BofA website.

Setting up an online account was somewhat confusing at the start, but a BofA CSR got everything done for me over the phone in 10-15mins. Smiley Happy

Oh really?  So, the regular BOA site?  Well, this is nice when I get the Merrill+... as it stands I have to lg into a separate FIA site for my Fidelity AMEX.  OTOH, my Privileges Cash Rewards and Accelerated Rewards are all on my same dashboard with the other BOA accounts.

Yea I am accessing it via BOA site.

There was a bit of confusion initially. The Merrill CSR transferred me to BOA to set up my online account. However, since I do not have any BOA accounts, the BOA CSR told me that I had to access my account via MerrillEdge instead. I told him I was just transferred to him from Merrill, so rather than to send me on a merry-go-round ride like any Citi CSR would, he kept me on hold for about 3-5mins. When he came back, my account was all set up with temporary USER ID and password. 

So far the CSRs seem decent. If it were Citi they would have transferred me to another department before I could even say a single word.

@ enharu ... Nice!  I think you will definitely enjoy your FIA/BOA relationship.  They have been nothing but the best with the products that I have, and anytime I contact them for any specific assistance or ad-hoc request, they are very happy to go above and beyond to leave a positive experience, IMO.  And, like you, I have been bounced a couple times with Citi.  Thankfully I don't have to call them too often.

@myjourney ... see, I was well-behaved.  But I think you spooked the daylights out of Tuxedo77!  LOL Robot LOL

Message 17 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I wore a Groucho Marx disguise kit but I think I've been had.....run!

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ enharu ... Nice!  I think you will definitely enjoy your FIA/BOA relationship.  They have been nothing but the best with the products that I have, and anytime I contact them for any specific assistance or ad-hoc request, they are very happy to go above and beyond to leave a positive experience, IMO.  And, like you, I have been bounced a couple times with Citi.  Thankfully I don't have to call them too often.

@myjourney ... see, I was well-behaved.  But I think you spooked the daylights out of Tuxedo77!  LOL Robot LOL

I am pleased with them and I certainly am interested in getting more cards from them. The other card I am interested in is the BOA Privileges Travel Rewards, but that card doesn't seem to be offered anymore. From what I've read briefly, that card is pretty much similar to Barclay's Arrival, right?

However the CSP is still my daily driver card. It's hard to find a competitive replacement for it Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I am pleased with them and I certainly am interested in getting more cards from them. The other card I am interested in is the BOA Privileges Travel Rewards, but that card doesn't seem to be offered anymore. From what I've read briefly, that card is pretty much similar to Barclay's Arrival, right?

However the CSP is still my daily driver card. It's hard to find a competitive replacement for it Smiley Happy

Call the Platinum Privileges # to see about ...oh wait... are you gardening?  I, ummm...may get into some trouble with myjourney for being a bad influence... LOL.  So, let me rephrase...when you're ready enharu, you can contact the PP# line to see if they can take the app over the phone.  Just make sure they know it's for the Privileges TR and not the Privileges CR.  Otherwise, you can stop at your nearest BOA branch and inquire about it or perhaps the banker can submit it... not sure if they still do that (and whether they want more money from you...lol).

Yes, the CSP is a tough one to beat.  But I've always diversified my products to make sure all my eggs were not parked with any one particular bank.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.