Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill+

tag
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Merrill+

@Chadh90 wrote:
Thinking about trying it before I start gardening. I just much prefer the ease of not having to talk to a person! Lol

I'm the posterboy of doing everything online to avoid talking to people on the phone, but the application process for the Merrill+ was very pleasant and easy. I wouldn't worry too much about the phone app itself. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Chadh90 wrote:
Thinking about trying it before I start gardening. I just much prefer the ease of not having to talk to a person! Lol

Definitely consider how you can benefit from its rewards.  I have the card, can't say enough good things about it but I thought you mentioned you didn't travel much.

Message 12 of 26
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats, yude!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 13 of 26
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I was approved for Merrill+ with $2k limit a few weeks ago, thinking that I would receive standard VI card, and not the VSignature.  To my surprise, received my card in the mail on Saturday and it was in fact a Visa Signature.  So immediately i checked my reports to see how it is reporting as and they're all showing as a regular "credit card", not the "flexible spending account".  Pretty interesting to have a physical Visa Signature card w/ no actual Visa Sig benefits, but i'll take it!  

congrats,

the looks are all that really matter anyways...no one uses the VS "perks"

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 26
H4LO
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Chadh90 wrote:

Definitely consider how you can benefit from its rewards.  I have the card, can't say enough good things about it but I thought you mentioned you didn't travel much.

If I can figure out who they pull in my state, I'll app. Smiley Tongue

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 15 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@H4LO wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Chadh90 wrote:

It's BoA who normally pulls EX

Message 16 of 26
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Chadh90 wrote:

+1, they pulled EX for me, too.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 17 of 26
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Chadh90 wrote:

From creditpulls it seems like they are EX heavy. I'm also interested but think I'll hold out. Too many cards as is.

Message 18 of 26
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Hi everyone!

I was approved for Merrill+ with $2k limit a few weeks ago, thinking that I would receive standard VI card, and not the VSignature.  To my surprise, received my card in the mail on Saturday and it was in fact a Visa Signature.  So immediately i checked my reports to see how it is reporting as and they're all showing as a regular "credit card", not the "flexible spending account".  Pretty interesting to have a physical Visa Signature card w/ no actual Visa Sig benefits, but i'll take it!  

congrats,

the looks are all that really matter anyways...no one uses the VS "perks"

I know but i'm just wondering if it's just the standard design of the Merrill+ with the "signature" print under the VI logo, thought it would be interesting to share in case if anyone down the road gets approved for < $5k wouldn't get confused in any way. Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 19 of 26
H4LO
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@Chadh90 wrote:

+1, they pulled EX for me, too.

Same as FIA. Duh. Stupid me.

EX is on ice though. Hmm.... Wonder if they'd pull another. Smiley Indifferent

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.