Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metallic Quicksilver card?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Metallic Quicksilver card?

So someone came into my work and paid with their Quicksilver card. I didnt see which branding it had but i was curious to know which one it was because it was really Metallic. It also had a blacking coloring rather than a silver coloring. It did say Quicksilver on the front, but i was wondering if anyone else knew which one this was. Like is it supposed to be the Visa sig version? WEMC version? 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Metallic Quicksilver card?

@Skye12329 wrote:

So someone came into my work and paid with their Quicksilver card. I didnt see which branding it had but i was curious to know which one it was because it was really Metallic. It also had a blacking coloring rather than a silver coloring. It did say Quicksilver on the front, but i was wondering if anyone else knew which one this was. Like is it supposed to be the Visa sig version? WEMC version? 

Never heard of or seen a metallic version. Just the cheap flimsy nonsense they usually use for their QS cards.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

Interesting... What color was the logo? Was it like the logo on the card in my sig?

Message 3 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Interesting... What color was the logo? Was it like the logo on the card in my sig?

I didnt see the logo, the customer had it covered up by his hand. Thats one of the things i was looking for so i could see if it was Visa or MC and then determine on how to get one like his Smiley Embarassed Like it was shiny like Cap1 Gold Venture Card, but the coloring was a blackish. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

i really don;t think it was metalic. i got my new wemc version of the quicksilver not the quicksilver one. and it is strange looking. it really looks silver instead of gray. shiny black on back. but it still is cheesy . just does not say qs1. i think i like the look of qs1 better.

Message 5 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Remember the cards can be personalized with an image, so they may have chosen a metallic look

Message 6 of 13
msbia
Established Contributor

OP,
I coordinate an internal medicine office and I know exactly what you're talking about. Saw one twice this week, today an oral surgeon paid with a black Quicksilver Visa. I didn't want to be all "oohhh ahhhh I'm a credit card stalking weirdo" so I handed it back to him quickly lol. I do know it was a Visa, and I didn't notice the metallic but it was a sleek black QS card and I want one!

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Quicksilver MC, the no annual fee version. When I PC'd it seemed to take forever to get (longer than normal) in the mail. When I received it I thought it was odd that it was extremely metallic on the front with black on the back. It is definitely not the same tone as the one in the commercial.
Message 8 of 13
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Quicksilver MC, the no annual fee version. When I PC'd it seemed to take forever to get (longer than normal) in the mail. When I received it I thought it was odd that it was extremely metallic on the front with black on the back. It is definitely not the same tone as the one in the commercial.

This and the post above mine, yeah the front was a metallic look and the back is im assuming just a normal black. As for a custom image, im not sure of any custom metallic images on the cap1 website. At least not that i know of. I would love to have mine be metallic though >.<

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, are you sure you aren't just thinking of the regular QS, not the QS1? The normal QS is very shiny on the front, very reflective. I think it is the same card stock as the Discover it card, just glossy instead of matte. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.