Contributor
elsijfdl

Mid-Cycle PIF

Does anyone know the answer to this question:

If you carry a balance from the month before (ie don't PIF by the due date), and then PIF mid-cycle - are you still charged interest on purchases made following that PIF?

That is, are you only granted a grace period in months after a PIF is made before the due date?

Established Contributor
Ulan

Re: Mid-Cycle PIF

[ Edited ]
It's slightly different depending on the issuer, but if you don't PIF and use the card in the following month, new purchase charges will be subject to interest from the day of purchase. This will reset as soon as your PIFed statement closes (sometimes one month later).
Message Edited by Ulan on 06-13-2009 02:48 PM
Contributor
elsijfdl

Just dug through the T&Cs and found out that yep, this is in fact the case. Must PIF before due date to receive eligibility for grace period the next month, at least for Citi.
Established Contributor

who is the card form, if it's Chase you grace period will reset mid cycle last year I did a BT for 4 months they day my payment postd I call and asking if it was ok to use my card.

If I use card a again I would pay for the number of days in the cylce before  payoff , my grace period started the day of the payoff, turns my retroactive interest was only$1 and they credited right back to my account

People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}