Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Cycle reporting adventure with BoA

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Mid Cycle reporting adventure with BoA

Well, apparently my card was automatically cancelled and replaced because of a security breach. I found out about this since BoA replaced my debit card as well, and they sent an email when they did. Had no idea about the credit card being replaced until I had signed in to Online Banking and saw the last 4 digits of the number changed in my account summary (the card I had was still working as normal)

Fast forward to today...I get a Score watch balance alert. Looks like BoA reported the new account number and the (lower, thank goodness) balance as of last week.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone but just wanted everyone to know. Should be receiving the new card any day...not sure if it'll be EMV or not.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mid Cycle reporting adventure with BoA

This happened to me. I was trying to understand why it reported again. It reported after my CLI, then a week later. The next day I saw an email saying they sent a new card, same reason as above. Also got an automated message. Card came today with chip. Looks nice!

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 5
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Rain77 wrote:
This happened to me. I was trying to understand why it reported again. It reported after my CLI, then a week later. The next day I saw an email saying they sent a new card, same reason as above. Also got an automated message. Card came today with chip. Looks nice!

a few weeks ago i rec'd an email from BofA advising me of potential security breach/fraud for one of my cards (cash rewards visa signature) and that a new card w/ new acct# would be sent - also my 'old' (original) acct would be inactive as of 6/17.  i rec'd the card about a week after the email notification.  the new card was chipped (my original cash rewards did not contain a chip).   information provided with my new card informed me that it was a chip and signature card, no PIN.

apparently my other BofA card acct was not affected (visa gold, not a visa sig).

i wonder if only cash reward and/or visa sig accts were affected?

Message 3 of 5
duyen28262
Valued Member

I have a Cash Rewards Signature Visa opened in April and I haven't heard anything from them yet???

FICO TU 656 (Barclays 07/15/14) - FICO EQ 650 (DCU 07/25/14) - ? FICO EX ?
 photo 9ed69652-dfc4-4961-b6ba-f0cf0ae5d607.png
BBT Visa Signature $7,000
Message 4 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

The card arrived today...new number and chipped to boot.

Must've been serious data breach because Discover also sent me three new cards (I had three different designs active on my IT account)....same account number, new expiration date and CVV number.

No email notification on either...strange.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.