Not applicable

Mid cycle reporting of $0 balance

Is Chase the only one?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mid cycle reporting of $0 balance

Chase is the only one I know of that does it automatically. Discover will do so without issue by request.

Not really familiar with others. I've brought balances down to $0 mid cycle with Amex and Barclay, neither updated before statement close.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dumb question: so is this a good thing? I ask because I charge so much on my Freedom and pay so often. 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Dumb question: so is this a good thing? I ask because I charge so much on my Freedom and pay so often. 

It can be, I would not look to a Chase card to be your card to report a small balance without using it post statement cycle so it doesnt report a 0 balance.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It can be, I would not look to a Chase card to be your card to report a small balance without using it post statement cycle so it doesnt report a 0 balance.

Thanks! I see now. My statement is about to cut next Wednesday so I will pay off remainder balance on Monday and won't be using card again until few days after statement cut. I mostly pay bills and things I have budgeted for so payment is already set aside for it. I'm racking up the rewards for using the card basically. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.