cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MidFirst Bank. Has anyone heard of them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidFirst Bank. Has anyone heard of them?

I received a pre approved offer for the MidFirst Bank rewards credit card with an interest rate of 14.24% and a credit limit of $10,000. I've never heard of the company and was curious if any of you lurkers or regulars know of this bank? Are they financially stable and just who are they? I live in Tennesssee and aparently they are an Oklahoma company. I don't want to fall victim of some scam.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MidFirst Bank. Has anyone heard of them?

I live in Florida and never heard of them.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you google? 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i did a google search and found that they are an Oklahoma company with assets of $11.6 billion but i still do not know who they are and i have never seen them mentioned on these forums.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just pulled up their reviews....if you don't need the card or if they are not on your bucket list, you might want to pass. Nothing spectacular from what I saw, but I only did a quick glance.  One card they offer is OSU, FYI. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The terms listed on the letter mailed to me state that i can get 0% on purchases and balance trsnsfers plus 0.5 percent on cash advances for the first year. After that, it's 14.24 percent, 3% on transfers and 5% cash advance. That sounds good to me but their interest rate is horrible. My credit union has 8.5%

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully by tomorrow, someone can chime in on this company. *Mod cut-inappropriate and nonFSR)

Message 7 of 9
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

The APR doesn't matter unless you carry a balance, so the trek question is: How long is the 0% rate for? That would be the only reason it might make sense to get it For you).

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 8 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Look at http://www.mybanktracker.com/Midfirst-Bank/Reviews  

As with the wonders of the internet, 7 reviews, all either 1 * or 5 * 

With titles "The Best Bank Ever" and "Awful, changing banks"

But they are the third largest privte bank in the US, so probably not a scam.  Just evaluate the terms of the offer against alternatives.  It doesn't seem compelling, so why bother?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.