Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mildly annoyed at BoA CLI

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Mildly annoyed at BoA CLI

Ugh. I went for the online cli button on my BoA card and I did get a decent cli (3k --> 6k) but it turned out it was a HP! They pulled TU. I signed up for Credit Karma and there's TWO from BoA - one from Dec '12 and this month. I have no idea why they did a HP in Dec '12. The card was opened in Dec '10 so I don't know if that was some yearly HP thing or not. I don't think I asked for a cli back in dec. either. And it also turned out that even though I thought I had the BoA 123, apparently, what I had was just a regular 1% cash back card. I thought it was weird that I kept hearing about 123 rewards but I was just getting 1% on everything. So annoying. I called them to PC to the 123 and they're supposedly processing that right now. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mildly annoyed at BoA CLI

@parakleet wrote:

Ugh. I went for the online cli button on my BoA card and I did get a decent cli (3k --> 6k) but it turned out it was a HP! They pulled TU. I signed up for Credit Karma and there's TWO from BoA - one from Dec '12 and this month. I have no idea why they did a HP in Dec '12. The card was opened in Dec '10 so I don't know if that was some yearly HP thing or not. I don't think I asked for a cli back in dec. either. And it also turned out that even though I thought I had the BoA 123, apparently, what I had was just a regular 1% cash back card. I thought it was weird that I kept hearing about 123 rewards but I was just getting 1% on everything. So annoying. I called them to PC to the 123 and they're supposedly processing that right now. 

There's no annual HP.

Are you certain it wasn't a SP or otherwise initiated by you?  BOFA CLI's are almost always HP's just like Chase.  It's just expected, though I'd spend a HP personally to go from 3->6K absolutely, but it does depend on your credit profile.

        
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFAIK BofA CLIs are HPs. Id be disputing the Dec HP tho if you didnt authorize it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 hmmm. Good to know. I guess that's my bad for not researching BoA's cli practices before willy nilly clicking on the upgrade button! I may call BoA and ask about the HP from Dec. It's possible that I may have clicked on the cli button in Dec but i honestly can't remember. I haven't checked my TU since '09; I never paid that much attention to Inq's and the like before myfico. 😄

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 4 of 6
culture
Regular Contributor

i think trading a HP for 3k cli is worthy ..

but thats just me....

Message 5 of 6
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@culture I agree. In retrospect, it was worth it for doubling the CL. I guess I was expecting it to be a sp.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.