Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military STAR - Experian updates

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Military STAR - Experian updates

My Military STAR card has not updated on my experian reports since November of 2011.  It is still showing a balance of near $2000, even though my current statement balance is $400 and the account will be at $0 for the next statement date.  Equifax and Transunion have shown updates for every month since the account was opened.  Did Military STAR stop reporting to Experian?  Does anyone else have this issue?  I sent a chat message to AAFES asking to update my experian report and they said that my request was forwarded to the appropriate department and that I should wait 5 days.  That was 10 days ago.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
JRH1973

Re: Military STAR - Experian updates

I am also having the same issue.  It has not updated my experian report since November.  I assume that they are not reporting to experian anymore.  If AAFES does not reply, you may need to dispute the balance.  This will force them to update it, however, i would wait until the balance is 0.00. 

Starting Score: 695
Current Score: 768
Goal Score: 775

Wallet: AAdvantage Citibank, Discover, Capital One
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Thanks.  USAA lets me do electronic disputes for Experian, so I will do that if they don't report the next statement.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 19
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

Im having the same issue mine hasnt reported either to EX Im trying to do a dispute now to update it

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveSignal wrote:

My Military STAR card has not updated on my experian reports since November of 2011.  It is still showing a balance of near $2000, even though my current statement balance is $400 and the account will be at $0 for the next statement date.  Equifax and Transunion have shown updates for every month since the account was opened.  Did Military STAR stop reporting to Experian?  Does anyone else have this issue?  I sent a chat message to AAFES asking to update my experian report and they said that my request was forwarded to the appropriate department and that I should wait 5 days.  That was 10 days ago.

Wow it's uncanny how mine is almost identical to your exact situation.  Month and ammount included, I just paid mine off and got online to use their online Chat feature then they gave me this email address to send in my dispute, I said I don't really have a dispute that just sounds so negative I just wanted them to update my zero balance and explained to them they havent updated it until last November?  They replied to send in my DISPUTE here, Still waiting fingers crossed I'm going to send it once a week until it's corrected!

creditdisputes@AAFES.com

Good Luck!!

Please keep us updates as I will also!

Message 5 of 19
kjm79
Valued Contributor

After reading this I went and check mine and my DH's MilStar on USAA CMS.  Mine stopped reporting back in Sept with a zero balance and lower than current CL.  DH's stopped in Nov with a zero balance and lower than current CL.  Looks like I'm contacting them as well. 

Thanks for pointing this out!  Side note - It's reporting fine on EQ and TU for both of us.  Prior to the last reporting in Sept for me, I did notice that it hadn't reported in a few months all 3.  I had a balance and paid it off.  After paying it off they increased my limit.  I made a small purchase and when the next statement cut it reported fine.  I paid it off in Aug and got hte zero balance in Sept.  I recevied another CLI in December and it looks like EX hasn't updated since last reporting in Sept.  Weird. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  Mine hasn't updated since Nov 2011 either.  Anyone have any info on this yet?  Are they still reporting to EX?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.  Mine hasn't updated since Nov 2011 either.  Anyone have any info on this yet?  Are they still reporting to EX?

I still haven't received any updates but I'm sending them the same email every two days I'm just going to keep doing that until they reply or update my account I say everyone keep doing it so we can get them to open their eyes! 

Message 8 of 19
gettingstarted
Regular Contributor

I finally got mine to update after I made a purchase I had paid it off back in January and that was the last time it updated

Chase Military Star MasterCard(5K) Chase MWR MASTERCARD(3K) Discover More Card(6K) USAA World MasterCard(9K) Military StarCard(3K) USAA Platinum Visa (10.5K)

MY FICO SCORES MAY 20TH 2012: EQ 738 TU 747 EX PLUS SCORE 761
In Garden Mode Until May 15th 2013

Soldier Medic
Message 9 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Yesterday, I disputed the military star tradeline which has reported positively the entire time I have had it open.  The card, however, hasn't sent any updates to experian since November of 2011.  Therefore, my balance is showing close to $2000 (nearing 50% utilization) when my actual balance is $0.  I tried the online chat for military star twice.  Both times someone said that my request was forwarded to the appropriate department and that it should be updated within a few days.  But it is more than a few days later and the card is not updating.  I filed a dispute with experian.

I have previously been a proponent of disputing (including debt validation) tradelines in order to remove them.  I have just recently been informed by moderators on the forums here that myFICO thinks that disputes are bad and only for inaccurate information.  The military star balance is accurate on the date it was posted, November 2011.  I think a dispute is warranted, however, because it is not "currently" accurate.  I will update if any problems arise with aafes due to the dispute.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.