Reply
Frequent Contributor
birjest
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎09-23-2011
0

Military and AMEX Platinum

Well, I am in a pickle. I am eligible to upgrade to AMEX Plat. I found out through co-workers that AD military can have the annual $450 waived. Sure enough, I called and it is true. The problem is that I am getting more rewards through my PRG. I don't fly as much and I could benefit the hotel stay. What I want to know is, should go for it just because of the no annual fees or stick to my PRG. The only way I would upgrade is if I can continue get the annual fee waived when I am a retiree. Don't hurt to take advantage of....;-)
11/15/13 EX 685(MY FICO) EQ 657(MY FICO) TU 659 (MY FICO).
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 19,557
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum


birjest wrote:
Well, I am in a pickle. I am eligible to upgrade to AMEX Plat. I found out through co-workers that AD military can have the annual $450 waived. Sure enough, I called and it is true. The problem is that I am getting more rewards through my PRG. I don't fly as much and I could benefit the hotel stay. What I want to know is, should go for it just because of the no annual fees or stick to my PRG. The only way I would upgrade is if I can continue get the annual fee waived when I am a retiree. Don't hurt to take advantage of....;-)

Thers is no point to platinum if you don't need lounge and you don't care about flashing platinum!

 

Rewards are better on Gold and you know it too!

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,548
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum


Creditaddict wrote:

birjest wrote:
Well, I am in a pickle. I am eligible to upgrade to AMEX Plat. I found out through co-workers that AD military can have the annual $450 waived. Sure enough, I called and it is true. The problem is that I am getting more rewards through my PRG. I don't fly as much and I could benefit the hotel stay. What I want to know is, should go for it just because of the no annual fees or stick to my PRG. The only way I would upgrade is if I can continue get the annual fee waived when I am a retiree. Don't hurt to take advantage of....;-)

Thers is no point to platinum if you don't need lounge and you don't care about flashing platinum!

 

Rewards are better on Gold and you know it too!


+1




Frequent Contributor
birjest
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎09-23-2011
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

Very true!!! I was always leaning toward the reward portion of the cards.
11/15/13 EX 685(MY FICO) EQ 657(MY FICO) TU 659 (MY FICO).
Moderator
pizzadude
Posts: 9,196
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

Any chance they'll waive the AF for the gold card also?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
New Contributor
Scott90
Posts: 92
Registered: ‎04-13-2013
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

As far as I know Amex waives the AF on all of their cards for AD military. I'd give them a call.
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,548
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum


Scott90 wrote:
As far as I know Amex waives the AF on all of their cards for AD military. I'd give them a call.

As far as i know, they waive the AF on all cards for active duty, deployed. Send in your orders and it's done.




Contributor
kilj0y
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎05-25-2013
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

Keep the Gold and App for the Platinum to have both, problem solved.




Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 701EQ MyFico 725TU(NFCU pulled)
Goal Score: 720


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge


Joined the Garden Club 6/1/13
Frequent Contributor
birjest
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎09-23-2011
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

[ Edited ]

I called CS to waived my AF for my PRG.  The only reason why I would upgrade to Plat would to be  flashy.  That would be kinda shallow...:smileyfrustrated:

11/15/13 EX 685(MY FICO) EQ 657(MY FICO) TU 659 (MY FICO).
Moderator
pizzadude
Posts: 9,196
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: Military and AMEX Platinum

Yeah I agree that if they'll waive all the fees why not have both ??
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+