Did you mean: 

Min start CL for the Palladium

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Min start CL for the Palladium

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i just got my palladium 2 days ago.  i was told the starting credit limit is 15k.  the card is awesome.  hurry and apply, the window is closing VERY rapidly.

What window?

I think the the qualifying criteria is about to change. I have heard that you will actually need to be a Chase Private Client or JP Morgan Private Bank Client.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 41
sjt
Senior Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I just got off the phone with jp Morgan, you can call and verify but you HAVE to have a private bank status and liquid assets of 5M-25M with chase to talk about applying as of today

You can also be a Chase Private Client. Minimum requirement is $250K.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 32 of 41
bribro
Valued Contributor

It was for a prospective JPM PB client from France who had no credit history here in the U.S. For whatever reason the JPM credit analysts only gave him $10k, and that was after the PB put in a special request.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion the Centurion and Palladium cards are basically just a way for the credit card companies to say "You're Wealthy! Congratulations! Here is a card made out of metal! When and where would you like us to blow your nose for you!?". I mean I get it.. I understand they are trying to reach out to what they consider a "higher" demographic but in all honesty that’s all it is.. Just a glorified credit card.. If you are already wealthy enough to qualify for either of these cards then I doubt you'll need a credit card company to gain you "privileged" access to certain parts of an airport and 24/7 concierge.. But hey, this isAmerica and we all have the freedom to apply for and accept any offer we want to! There is nothing wrong with having any credit card in your wallet.. Just my opinion being written down for all to see haha

*disclaimer* I know my post had 100% nothing to do with the topic.. I just wanted to throw in my two cents lol

Message 34 of 41
bribro
Valued Contributor

^ I certainly feel that way about the people who apply for a Palladium, AmEx Platinum, etc. when they do little to no travel. However, for those who fly a lot these types of cards can pay for themselves rather quickly.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 35 of 41
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

^ I certainly feel that way about the people who apply for a Palladium, AmEx Platinum, etc. when they do little to no travel. However, for those who fly a lot these types of cards can pay for themselves rather quickly.

I totally agree. These are great perks for travelling which I do a lot for work. The lounge services and concierge are out of this world.

Message 36 of 41
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I think these travel perk cards are best for people that travel moderately. Those who are true frequent travelers already gain access to upgrades/perks via loyalty programs, etc. Also the truly afluent travelers don't need free upgrades because they are typically flying business/first and staying at the best rooms at the top hotels which always come with lounge and concierge services too.

Message 37 of 41
CS800
Super Contributor

MX that's true.

The palladium seesm to rival the Centurion Black from what I was told. Upgrades, perks etc. I have to read about the comparison to see.

Message 38 of 41
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I think these travel perk cards are best for people that travel moderately. Those who are true frequent travelers already gain access to upgrades/perks via loyalty programs, etc. Also the truly afluent travelers don't need free upgrades because they are typically flying business/first and staying at the best rooms at the top hotels which always come with lounge and concierge services too.

+1. This is right on-target.

They'd do quite well marketing this card to people making between 200-750k per year, with FICOs to match. While it's supposed to be a PB-only card, this is a market segment that is both lucrative and lacking serious competition.

Since people in this income bracket won't likely qualify for an Amex Centurion, as long as Chase makes the palladium superior to the Amex plat they'd be in good shape. With the devaluation of MR points and a general decline in the service/average client quality of Amex, I'm sure some cardholders could be convinced to switch if presented with the right product.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 39 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had liquid assets around 25M, I wouldn't be wasting my time reading fico forums during my lunch break!

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.