Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree Results!!

tag
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Mini App Spree Results!!

So as some of you know, I've been planning out what cards to app for now that my credit is better than 2 years ago and MUCH better than 6 years ago. My original app plans were as follows:

Barclays Rewards

Discover More

Amex Green

Walmart

Here's what I app'd for and their results:

Barclays Rewards: Approved!!! $3K Limit

Walmart: Approved for Walmart Discover!! $700 Limit (tiny limit, but I'm happy with their generous Auto CLI's)

Rooms To Go: Approved!! $3K Limit

I decided to garden for 6-12 months and then try for the Discover More. With Amex I'm on the fence. I thought about applying in 6 months for the Green once my CO with them comes off my CRm(and get out of Barclay prison). I'm currently in their Optima program (have been for 5 years now and they soft my report several times per month) and I feel as though I would be approved now, but wanted to wait for 2 medical collections to come off my report (used the HIPAA method). I really don't have a use for the card until I pay off the $900 BT on my Barclay's and pay down the furniture.

On a positive note it feels good to get decent cards with good limits Smiley Very Happy! I've been in the credit doghouse (mostly self imposed) for so long I was afraid to app for anything for fear of being denied Haha. Even better, I get to close Credit One and First Premier today Smiley Happy I'll update once I give them the boot!! Though they had a hand in getting me to the "good credit land" I'm in now.

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mini App Spree Results!!

Congrats on the approvals.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 7
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Thanks! Strep!

Update: I would like to give a farewell to my associates Credit One Bank and First Premier. I thank you for being thre for me when I needed you and I appreciate what you helped me to establish with my good friend FICO. However, it's time for us to part ways. I have better pals with greater limits and no fees now. Love ya, mean it, and good bye ! Smiley Happy

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 3 of 7
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Good riddance indeed.  Happy Rebuilding!

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply for the other 2 cards before or after your Barclays approval???  I'm tempted to take a shot at Discover more but I just got my Barclays card and don't want the to AA me. Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 7
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I applied for the other 2 on the same day. Within hours of each other. Not sure if this helps....

Message 6 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Super Congrats.... That is fantastic!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.