Established Member
-twice-

Mini App Spree right after Closing...but right before a Car

I am scheduled to close on my home in late May/Early June.  I have avoided doing anything to my credit (other shopping loans) since I started building the home last Sept..  After closing I need to buy a new car and get a few cards (app spree?), but I am not sure if there is a best order to do these, or whether they will dramatically affect my ability to refi in the next year (after I get my score up to 700).

Right now I am thinking that the day i close I should Mini App Spree (Navy Fed Rewards, NavCheck, Amx), then head to the dealership.  What I don't know is how long the inquiry's will my score, and/or I am better off on a minispree after the car loan app.  

ANY advise is GREATLY appreciated!

Current Scores (NFCU pull): 702, 662, 655

Badies: Auto Loan Charge off in 2005 (EQ & TU)

Current Card: Capital One ($500CL)

Income: 128K

Loans: Auto (15k), Student (14K), House (430K)

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

Re: Mini App Spree right after Closing...but right before a Car

-twice- wrote:

I am scheduled to close on my home in late May/Early June.  I have avoided doing anything to my credit (other shopping loans) since I started building the home last Sept..  After closing I need to buy a new car and get a few cards (app spree?), but I am not sure if there is a best order to do these, or whether they will dramatically affect my ability to refi in the next year (after I get my score up to 700).

Right now I am thinking that the day i close I should Mini App Spree (Navy Fed Rewards, NavCheck, Amx), then head to the dealership.  What I don't know is how long the inquiry's will my score, and/or I am better off on a minispree after the car loan app.  

IMO if you need the car I would do that first for best loan rates and cards after but shop around for rate so you don't get a lot of pulls

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Established Member
-twice-

Thanks.

I know I should app for both the NFCU accounts, but any other recommendations on where it makes sense to apply?

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

-twice- wrote:

Thanks.

I know I should app for both the NFCU accounts, but any other recommendations on where it makes sense to apply?

NFCU is an all in one stop shopping with great rate and limits

After that it depends on what card you would get the best rewards from be it cash back or miles....

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

-twice- wrote:

Do whichever is more important for you to have...the credit or the car.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection_zps2f177769.jpgWmart (TU): 802, Disc it (TU): 802, CKarma (TU): 767, AmEx (EX): 755, CSesame (EX): 710, Quizz (EQ): 778, myFICO (EQ): 770.
Oldest: AmEx: 26Y-2M, AAoA: 6Y-1M, Utl: 0.81%, 12/24 Inq: 5/15, Income: $99k, Garden: 03/30/2014. Updated 04/10/2014.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+