cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree with amazing success!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini App Spree with amazing success!!!!!!

Hey y'all,

So I couldn't wait another week or so to app for a Citi Simplicity and Chase SW Visa card.  The updating of my CRs is taking too long.  For whatever reason, my Macy's card is not showing a zero balance, and my Citicard has a new statement date.  I asked for this, but assumed it would start on my next statement, not my current one.

I apped for the Simplicity first, and I was instantly approved for a $7400 CL and 12.99% APR.  I get 0% on purchases for 12 months, and 18 months for BTs.  Hurray!

Next, I apped for the Chase SW Visa, mainly for the 50K point promo.  After filling out the app online, I got the "under review" screen.  I immediately called the backdoor number and spoke to credit analyst Howard.  He asked me a couple of ID questions and told me I was denied for excessive credit obligations.  He reviewed my CR and asked me if I owned or rented.  I said I rented.  He ask what my month rent was.  I said $300.  He said the amount on my app was $3000!

He said he would correct the entry and resubmit.  After putting me on hold for 30 seconds, he said I was now approved.  I asked which CBA was pulled.  It was TU.  Then, I asked for my CL.  He said it is $8500!!!

Here are some of my current stats:

Util: around 25%

HHI: 46K

AAoA: 6.8-8 years

No baddies whatsoever

Inq: 1 on EX, 2 on TU

I couldn't be happier.  I may app for one more card.  Maybe the Barclay Ring, or an airline card.  If not, I'll be over in the garden for the next year or two.  With these new CLs and lower APR (most of my other cards are 18.99%) my wallet is very well rounded now.

Thanks to everyone here who contributes.  I've learned alot, and I've definitely benefitted from it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: Mini App Spree with amazing success!!!!!!

Congrats! Is that Chase Southwest card 50k promotion still going?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is.

The standard offer is 25K.  My mailers always offer 50K; however, the last time I logged onto www.southwest.com the website had the higher offer online.

Message 3 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey y'all,

So I couldn't wait another week or so to app for a Citi Simplicity and Chase SW Visa card.  The updating of my CRs is taking too long.  For whatever reason, my Macy's card is not showing a zero balance, and my Citicard has a new statement date.  I asked for this, but assumed it would start on my next statement, not my current one.

I apped for the Simplicity first, and I was instantly approved for a $7400 CL and 12.99% APR.  I get 0% on purchases for 12 months, and 18 months for BTs.  Hurray!

Next, I apped for the Chase SW Visa, mainly for the 50K point promo.  After filling out the app online, I got the "under review" screen.  I immediately called the backdoor number and spoke to credit analyst Howard.  He asked me a couple of ID questions and told me I was denied for excessive credit obligations.  He reviewed my CR and asked me if I owned or rented.  I said I rented.  He ask what my month rent was.  I said $300.  He said the amount on my app was $3000!

He said he would correct the entry and resubmit.  After putting me on hold for 30 seconds, he said I was now approved.  I asked which CBA was pulled.  It was TU.  Then, I asked for my CL.  He said it is $8500!!!

Here are some of my current stats:

Util: around 25%

HHI: 46K

AAoA: 6.8-8 years

No baddies whatsoever

Inq: 1 on EX, 2 on TU

I couldn't be happier.  I may app for one more card.  Maybe the Barclay Ring, or an airline card.  If not, I'll be over in the garden for the next year or two.  With these new CLs and lower APR (most of my other cards are 18.99%) my wallet is very well rounded now.

Thanks to everyone here who contributes.  I've learned alot, and I've definitely benefitted from it.

Congrats on  your new cards, great CL!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.