Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree!

tag
chadwick
New Contributor

Mini App Spree!

Ran a mini app spree...

USAA World Mastercard - app'd online and got a message saying to expect a decision within 2 hours by secure message. never got anything, called the next morning. the rep called underwriting and came back on the line saying it'll be 5-7 days to review. doesn't look good but they pulled my best file and last year I applied and got denied right away via email. will update when decision comes in. UPDATE: Approved for $7k!

Citi Simplicity - app'd over the phone. no instant decision. rep gave status # which I called and it stated I was denied due to limited history and delq accts. will try recon. UPDATE: multiple recons unsuccesful. shot down left and right. executive recon in progress.

Discover It Student - saw they usually pull EQ which is my best file so I went for it but of course they pull my worst TU. app'd over and instant denial. UPDATE: multiple recons also unsuccesful. executive recon in progress.

Local CU CC - app'd over the phone asked for $7500. told to call back in 4 hours. called and got counteroffer for $5000. accepted!

Navy Federal - app'd for membership and waiting for approval. will submit nrewards app once approved. UPDATE: membership STILL pending!!!

USAA FAKOs: EX 730 EQ 720 TU 602

UPDATE: USAA EX FICO 672 from approval letter. lots of room for improvement!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rex_03
Contributor

Re: Mini App Spree!

Congrats on the local CU card. Are these your first cards that you'll be getting? Any other history, baddies, etc..

Message 2 of 11
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

Ran a mini app spree...

USAA World Mastercard - app'd online and got a message saying to expect a decision within 2 hours by secure message. never got anything, called the next morning. the rep called underwriting and came back on the line saying it'll be 5-7 days to review. doesn't look good but they pulled my best file and last year I applied and got denied right away via email. will update when decision comes in.

Citi Simplicity - app'd over the phone. no instant decision. rep gave status # which I called and it stated I was denied due to limited history and delq accts. will try recon.

Local CU CC - app'd over the phone asked for $7500. told to call back in 4 hours. called and got counteroffer for $5000. accepted!

Navy Federal - app'd for membership and waiting for approval. will submit nrewards app once approved.

If you're approved for membership with Navy Federal, consider the cashRewards instead because if you're approved for 5k or more it is a Visa Signature...if that is your goal of course.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 3 of 11
chadwick
New Contributor

@rex_03 wrote:

Congrats on the local CU card. Are these your first cards that you'll be getting? Any other history, baddies, etc..

Thanks! I have had USAA's secured MC for a year with a $5k cl and an account at Fingerhut with a $250 cl. My baddie is this traffic ticket that has progressed from misunderstanding to collection account. Still trying to get it resolved. Doubt it'll come off my report (only TU thankfully) before the SOL is up but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 11
chadwick
New Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

@chadwick wrote:

Ran a mini app spree...

USAA World Mastercard - app'd online and got a message saying to expect a decision within 2 hours by secure message. never got anything, called the next morning. the rep called underwriting and came back on the line saying it'll be 5-7 days to review. doesn't look good but they pulled my best file and last year I applied and got denied right away via email. will update when decision comes in.

Citi Simplicity - app'd over the phone. no instant decision. rep gave status # which I called and it stated I was denied due to limited history and delq accts. will try recon.

Navy Federal - app'd for membership and waiting for approval. will submit nrewards app once approved.

If you're approved for membership with Navy Federal, consider the cashRewards instead because if you're approved for 5k or more it is a Visa Signature...if that is your goal of course.

I'm a newbie to the unsecured credit world...I looked up Visa Signature and it looks like it includes some extra benefits? What exactly are the advantages? MC doesn't have anything like this right?

Message 5 of 11
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on the approvals Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 11
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I think the MC version of a Signature Card is the World card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 11
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

This is not a mini app spree - this is a full app spree. It would be very rare in the world outside of this forum to see a person applying for 4 credit cards in one day. While it might happen in this forum often, we all must remember that the credit activities of those of us in here tend to differ significantly from "the outside world".

All the same, congrats on your successes - and remember to stay patient. Your profile will continue to improve in time.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 11
JonStur
Established Contributor

If this is a mini spree, I would hate to see a full on spree!!!  time to let those tradelines age!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 11
chadwick
New Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
This is not a mini app spree - this is a full app spree. It would be very rare in the world outside of this forum to see a person applying for 4 credit cards in one day. While it might happen in this forum often, we all must remember that the credit activities of those of us in here tend to differ significantly from "the outside world".

All the same, congrats on your successes - and remember to stay patient. Your profile will continue to improve in time.

Oh you're right - this started as a mini and has morphed  into full blown app spree.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.