Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini App Spree

After a year of rebuilding I decided it was time to make some changes to my revolving credit profile. 

Background:

Oct 2009 – FICO’s mid to high 500’s

Oct 2010 – FICO’s 700 +/- 10 pts

Still a 3-5 bads reporting on depending which CRA but all over 2 yrs old.  No new account in 12 months.  2 inq's in past 12 mos.  Income is low 6 figure.

CC’s pre-app spree:

HSBC - $300 CL

AMEX Oasis Optima - $500 CL

Cap One (AU) - $750 CL

My goals were to get a B&N card just to attach to my Nook e-reader, a rewards card of some sort, and a CU card.  I hoped to get some decent CL’s in the process but wasn’t holding my breath for it.  Also, Amex wasn’t allowing me to app during my spree for a different product due to the “Active Recovery Product” issue.  In the process I closed my Optima (it’s only 1 yr old) since I’d like to get a different product in the future with Amex and I’ll ask for a backdate at that time.

So my app results ended up being:

B&N/Barclays – Approved $750 CL

Citiforward – Declined (paid/unpaid collection); recon declined (credit privileges on existing accounts are restricted) Still haven’t figured that one out

Discover More – Approved $1500 CL

PSECU – Approved $20k PSL/Visa Combo (Yay!)

I also opened Penfed membership just to start building relationship.  I’m not quite ready to app for credit with them yet. 

Now all bureau’s are back on ice.  Time to get rid of AF cards and garden.  Thanks to the community for all the insights!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini App Spree

Congrats on the new approvals! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Citiforward – Declined (paid/unpaid collection); recon declined (credit privileges on existing accounts are restricted) Still haven’t figured that one out

That's just strange enough that I think I'd dig into this a little more. Did you previously have a Citi card, or are you/were you an authorized user on a Citi card?

Message 2 of 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Mini App Spree

Congrats!  Sounds like a reference to the Optima (existing account not necessarily a citi acct.)

Never heard of a denial letter citing an Optima but it is technically a restricted account.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.