Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App Spree

tag
teenastie
Established Contributor

Mini App Spree

Thought I would share...

Discover More: Approved 6,500 Smiley Very HappyCat Very HappyHeartCat Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Costco Amex True Earning: DECLINED

CU Auto loan: Pre approved for 25K @ 7.99% apr

CU Visa: Approved 1K CLI (with auto loan HP) Smiley Very Happy

BoA Auto Finance: Approved for 26K loan @ 6.79% apr for 72 months (accepted this offer)

Walmart Card: Approved $700 CL (Free TU08 Fico)

I was too ashamed of apping for the Costco in person and getting a instant denial Smiley Sad. So I'll be patient and wait for their decision. Discover decided to eclipse my total revolving credit line (6100) by 400 dollars and give me the biggest credit lime I have had in my life! I have 0% APR and BT for 15 months. I'm up to 12,600 in total CL's now!!!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini App Spree

Wow congrats! That's a huge starting CL from Discover.
Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  That is a good CL for the Discover card, and I can't imagine why you would be denied for the Costco TE.  It does take a week for them to verify though, so it's a really bad waiting game.  If I were you, I'd just go to a farther Costco and apply in person, it's not like you have to see them any time soon (though I didn't know you could apply in person at a Costco when I applied).  

I am sending good TE mojo your way, so keep us posted!

Message 3 of 32
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome limit w/Discover! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

Thought I would share...

Discover More: 6,500 Smiley Very HappyCat Very HappyHeartCat Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Costco Amex True Earning: Awaiting Verification of Costco membership.

I was too ashamed of apping for the Costco in person and getting a instant denial Smiley Sad. So I'll be patient and wait for their decision. Discover decided to eclipse my total revolving credit line (6100) by 400 dollars and give me the biggest credit lime I have had in my life! I have 0% APR and BT for 15 months. I'm up to 12,600 in total CL's now!!!

Big Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 32
teenastie
Established Contributor

Thanks y'all!

I actually apped last night and got the 5-7 day message. I called this morning and the rep asked me a few questions. He asked what did I want to do with the card I told him BT and Shop at Sam's. He reviewed my file and asked me about my apps from last year. I told him the Amex's were for Costco and I used my mastercard (HSBC Orchard) for Sam's. I told him at least 3 times that I had the card for 6 years and I only have a $600 CL he laughed and said "let me see what I can do." Good People I think this will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

Message 6 of 32
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  That is a good CL for the Discover card, and I can't imagine why you would be denied for the Costco TE.  It does take a week for them to verify though, so it's a really bad waiting game.  If I were you, I'd just go to a farther Costco and apply in person, it's not like you have to see them any time soon (though I didn't know you could apply in person at a Costco when I applied).  

Smiley Very Happy Thanks!!!

I was approved 1 time at Sears in person about 14 years ago! Since then I have never been approved in store. It's an aweful feeling!

Message 7 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very Happy Thanks!!!

I was approved 1 time at Sears in person about 14 years ago! Since then I have never been approved in store. It's an aweful feeling!

I hate that myself!! esp. when there is a line behind you!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 32
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Discover did that to me as well.  My highest reporting CC was $2k, they gave me $5k.  I do have a Dell account at $5.5k but that's hardly the same.

Message 9 of 32
teenastie
Established Contributor

TBH bichonmom and LS's recent sucess were big motivators in my recent spree! Thanks guys!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.