Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini App spree after closing mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini App spree after closing mortgage

Well my credit has been in standby mode for a few months with this mortgage stuff.  We closed on our house this morning and funded, so I decided to come home and app for a few cards and had some success

Chase Freedom Sig - 6k

Bank of America 123 Sig - 5k

Us Bank Cash Plus - In review

Amex BCE- In review

Pretty hapy with the 2 CL's since my highest was 2240 and I've had horrible credit up until I cleaned it up.  Nice to have a couple signature cards.  Going into the garden for a long time now!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mini App spree after closing mortgage

Dude, sweet approvals Smiley Happy.

I do find it interesting that both Chase and BOFA more than doubled your prior limits, I'd be darned happy with that too, mucho congratulations!

        
Message 2 of 6
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

Wow very nice!

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 3 of 6
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

i would use that link to check the status i bet they have decided already. It took about 5 minutes for mine to come up as approved.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 4 of 6
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats! Check amex's site for app status.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I'm definitely stoked that they doubled the limit on my highest card.  My scores at the time of app was 740 EQ and 729 TU(none pulled TU), and EX I have no idea what it is right now.  BOFA pulled EX though.

I called the backdoor number on both usb and AMEX.  Amex declined me and I didn't ask why, don't really care after getting those 2 credit lines and since I have a Zync it was only a SP for the denial.

The Cash Plus I found out was declined due to being notified of so many applications today.  Not sure what the service is but it raised a possible fraud/taking on too much credit flag and they looked at my credit and said it was great and my relationship with the bank was good so they are sending it to the VP for review and I would hear within 4 business days.

All in all, whether cash plus goes thru or not I got 2 great Sig cards and I'm gardening hardcore!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.