Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Spree Today

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Mini Spree Today

Slaughtered on the app spree.  HH Gregg - Denied, Home Depot - Approved 5k, Menards - Denied, Chase Freedom - Denied, and just for fun BofA - Denied. 

Very uneventful Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 17
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

what is your scores before spree?

4/2024 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $535K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Mar/2024
Message 12 of 17
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Mid 700's...

Message 13 of 17
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not go for something that will give you a bonus?  Closing on a new house is going to be full of expenses that you could use to reach a min spend for bonus.

Have you checked on capital 1 for prequalification?  How many inqs do you have? If I were you, I would try to apply for TWO venture cards, taking advantage of the triple pull. And don't activate the second venture until you have spent the first $3,000.  Then after you hit the promos on both, eventually you could combine limits to one card, downgrade to VentureOne or maybe move the limits to your quicksilver.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure that the 90 day window starts right after you apply, not when you activate the card (activating is for the card itself, not the actual account just opened). So the $3000 spend on two Venture cards when apped at the same time will have to be made in the same 90 day window.

Message 14 of 17
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not go for something that will give you a bonus?  Closing on a new house is going to be full of expenses that you could use to reach a min spend for bonus.

Have you checked on capital 1 for prequalification?  How many inqs do you have? If I were you, I would try to apply for TWO venture cards, taking advantage of the triple pull. And don't activate the second venture until you have spent the first $3,000.  Then after you hit the promos on both, eventually you could combine limits to one card, downgrade to VentureOne or maybe move the limits to your quicksilver.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure that the 90 day window starts right after you apply, not when you activate the card (activating is for the card itself, not the actual account just opened). So the $3000 spend on two Venture cards when apped at the same time will have to be made in the same 90 day window.

And I thought Cap1 did not allow you to move/combine limits? 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 15 of 17
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thoughts?

They dont, at least they say no every single time I try on my QS's

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

@Callandra wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thoughts?

They dont, at least they say no every single time I try on my QS's

I was going to question on the 'don't activate until' part. That'd be cool, as you could app in a spree but spread spend. I've never heard of that, but I'll see what others say. 

And my understanding is that no combining limits NOW with C One, but that it's a rumor that's always been around but gained some steam lately. 

OP congrats on the HD card. They're pretty good at recon either at opening or when you're trying to make a big purchase. May be another HP, but don't count it out. 

Sounds like you're doing awesome for where your past finances have been, even without a perfect spree. Congrats on your new home. 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.