Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Spree Today

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Mini Spree Today

So I'm closing on my home today at 11 AM, I'm planning a mini app spree today for some things around the house. 

So far I'm trying for a 8.99% Card at my CU, a Home Depot Card, and an HH Gregg Card.  I'm hoping this will round out my collection for this year (haven't apped since last year due to buying the house)  Any thing else out there I should be looking at? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mini Spree Today

What cards do you already have? (If they're in your sig I can't see them cause I'm on my phone, sorry)

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal preference lowes and best buy are much better than hd and hh Gregg...credit cards and actual store experience
Message 3 of 17
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I currently have:

Discover it - $13,000

Sallie Mae - $10,000

Amazon - $2,600

Best Buy - $2,000

Capital One QS - $6500

BofA - $2,000

Express - $600

brclark, I would get a Lowes, but the nearest Lowes to me is 45 min away...not worth it at this point.  As far as BB and HH Gregg I have the BB card, but the prices and financing options at HH are much better.  Almost 30 months 0% at HH plus 5% off purchase and BB is 18 months with nothing else. 

Edit: I have a BK7 from 2011 otherwise I'd definitely try for a Citi, Chase, or Amex.  Those are on the back burner for another 6 years though...

Message 4 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I think you're pretty much set then unless you want like a Sears card or something

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not go for something that will give you a bonus?  Closing on a new house is going to be full of expenses that you could use to reach a min spend for bonus.

Have you checked on capital 1 for prequalification?  How many inqs do you have? If I were you, I would try to apply for TWO venture cards, taking advantage of the triple pull. And don't activate the second venture until you have spent the first $3,000.  Then after you hit the promos on both, eventually you could combine limits to one card, downgrade to VentureOne or maybe move the limits to your quicksilver.

Thoughts?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on house. Enjoy the spree

Message 7 of 17
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

congrads on the closing check the c1 site for the prequal for the venture card you should get a nice SL

C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 8 of 17
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

Grats on closing. Report back how app spree went.

Message 9 of 17
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not go for something that will give you a bonus?  Closing on a new house is going to be full of expenses that you could use to reach a min spend for bonus.

Have you checked on capital 1 for prequalification?  How many inqs do you have? If I were you, I would try to apply for TWO venture cards, taking advantage of the triple pull. And don't activate the second venture until you have spent the first $3,000.  Then after you hit the promos on both, eventually you could combine limits to one card, downgrade to VentureOne or maybe move the limits to your quicksilver.

Thoughts?

^^^^ . . .  Congrats on closing! Good luck with your credit decisions!

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.