Established Member
DrBlackBelt

Mini-app Spree After 7+ Years

After disappearing from our EQ and EX CR's over the previous 2 - 3 months, our Ch13 BK aged off our TU CR's about two weeks ago, and DW and I decided the time was finally right to apply for a couple of CC's.  I applied for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred, and DW applied for a Citi Forward (in order to split up the inquiries).  At application time, my FICO scores were those indicated in my signature - not sure about DW's.  To our immense satisfaction, both applications were accepted - Amex CL of $4k and Citi CL of $7k!  We've also added each other as AU's on our respective cards.  Note that the Amex and Citi applications resulted in only a single Experian inquiry each, and we live in West Texas.  With the record of the BK finally gone, a huge weight has been lifted, and we are super excited to have these new rewards cards.

Starting Score: EQ 683, TU 617, EX ?
Current Score: EQ 716, TU 785, EX ?
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Mini-app Spree After 7+ Years

Congrats, and great job on being patient, and waiting for the BK to age off.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
tntexans72

What CITI and Amex cc did you get approved for?

What is your APR %?

BTW...congrats!!

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

DrBlackBelt wrote:

After disappearing from our EQ and EX CR's over the previous 2 - 3 months, our Ch13 BK aged off our TU CR's about two weeks ago, and DW and I decided the time was finally right to apply for a couple of CC's.  I applied for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred, and DW applied for a Citi Forward (in order to split up the inquiries).  At application time, my FICO scores were those indicated in my signature - not sure about DW's.  To our immense satisfaction, both applications were accepted - Amex CL of $4k and Citi CL of $7k!  We've also added each other as AU's on our respective cards.  Note that the Amex and Citi applications resulted in only a single Experian inquiry each, and we live in West Texas.  With the record of the BK finally gone, a huge weight has been lifted, and we are super excited to have these new rewards cards.

Great job!

FICO: EX: 735 (5/14); TU: 776 (5/14); EQ 711 (5/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 2 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 5 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1| Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1

Holding off apps for the next 6 months! Last inq 5/27/2014.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+