Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-app Spree After 7+ Years

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini-app Spree After 7+ Years

After disappearing from our EQ and EX CR's over the previous 2 - 3 months, our Ch13 BK aged off our TU CR's about two weeks ago, and DW and I decided the time was finally right to apply for a couple of CC's.  I applied for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred, and DW applied for a Citi Forward (in order to split up the inquiries).  At application time, my FICO scores were those indicated in my signature - not sure about DW's.  To our immense satisfaction, both applications were accepted - Amex CL of $4k and Citi CL of $7k!  We've also added each other as AU's on our respective cards.  Note that the Amex and Citi applications resulted in only a single Experian inquiry each, and we live in West Texas.  With the record of the BK finally gone, a huge weight has been lifted, and we are super excited to have these new rewards cards.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mini-app Spree After 7+ Years

Congrats, and great job on being patient, and waiting for the BK to age off.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

What CITI and Amex cc did you get approved for?

What is your APR %?

BTW...congrats!!

Message 3 of 4
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

After disappearing from our EQ and EX CR's over the previous 2 - 3 months, our Ch13 BK aged off our TU CR's about two weeks ago, and DW and I decided the time was finally right to apply for a couple of CC's.  I applied for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred, and DW applied for a Citi Forward (in order to split up the inquiries).  At application time, my FICO scores were those indicated in my signature - not sure about DW's.  To our immense satisfaction, both applications were accepted - Amex CL of $4k and Citi CL of $7k!  We've also added each other as AU's on our respective cards.  Note that the Amex and Citi applications resulted in only a single Experian inquiry each, and we live in West Texas.  With the record of the BK finally gone, a huge weight has been lifted, and we are super excited to have these new rewards cards.

Great job!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.