cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-app spree possible with my current credit history?

tag
uroosa1
Established Member

Mini-app spree possible with my current credit history?

So I am going to apply for 4 credit cards next week. What are my chances for approval.

I have decent income also.

This is what my creditors will see.

Wells fargo visa  -16bal / 300 cl  11-12 mo age

Sallie mae loan    - 900/3200      1yr 6mo age   

Salle mae loan     - 400/1400       1yr 6mo age

DepEdu  loan      - 900/ 3200             6mo age

DepEdu loan       -300 /1200              5mo-age.

AOA -11 months

My EQ FiCO is 743

My revolving utilz is 6%

I have 0 inquries on all 3 reports.

This is the cards I am going for:

Chase Freedom

Citi Divd MC

NFCU Visa

BOA or WF visa

Is it possible to be approved or should i aim for lower end cards?

Also with 0 inq which card should i go with first?

Is it possible to get higher then 1000cl with my history? (i'd be happy with 1500cl)

If i get approved for even 2 outa 4, Im gonna garden for atleast 1-2 years

Thanks for the help and I will keep you guys updated on my progress. So it might help others in the same boat as me.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Mini-app spree possible with my current credit history?

Id apply for NFCU first.  Hope they give you a great starting limit and wait a month for it to report.  Then I would app with chase and citi.  If you app now your likely to get 500-1000cl's

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

apply for them all at once so they won't see the inquiries since it takes atleast a day to post. You won't have to worry much unless your applying for 10+ cards then your asking for your cards to be shut down.

4-5 apps are fine and fly under the radar as long as it's not 4-5 apps with the same issuer like GECRB. Personally if you go on a mini app spree that's fine, but just don't be an idiot and go on a app-o-rama / drapping

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 18
uroosa1
Established Member

If I apply with Navy to opening a checking can they use that same inq. to see if i qualify For a CC and possibly a Auto Loan within that same INQ. My brother is a member so I'm assuming i am eligible to join correct?

Message 4 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

OP where are you located.  We can give you a round about who pulls what idea.  That way you can plan your inquiries

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 5 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

If I apply with Navy to opening a checking can they use that same inq. to see if i qualify For a CC and possibly a Auto Loan within that same INQ. My brother is a member so I'm assuming i am eligible to join correct?

If your brother is a member then yes your eligible.  They will HP you for membership.  That will be on TU.  For a cc it will be an additional HP on EQ.  Another one for auto loan.  They are trigger happy with HP's but they are worth it.  NFCU makes HP's worth it!

Message 6 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@uroosa1 wrote:

Navy uses TU to open accounts and EQ for credit applications so you won't be able to do it from the same pull atleast from my experience and what I been hearing that's the norm. And yes family members make you eligible.

Also at the time of application for a credit card apply for NavChek. NavChek is a overdraft line of credit protection for your checking. Most will NEVER use it, but it reports as a credit card on your reports. It never gets canceled for inactivity, reports a super high limit to your credit reports (usually matches your credit card limit)

What it does is let's say you have $500 in your checking, and got approved for a $5,000 NavChek. If you really wanted you could write a check for $5,500 and it'll clear just fine. The deficit goes into your line of credit. Basically it's a on demand cash advance which is great. Interest rates are very good especially compared to other cash advances, Navy doesn't charge any extras at all.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 18
uroosa1
Established Member

I am located in NC. So it would greatly help to know which CC check what agency. But Your saying If i apply on same day with diffrent banks. They will all see 0 Inq when they pull report. Since Inquries only hurt for one year. I'm thinking of applying with 5 prime Companys then waiting atleast a year. also I would be eligible for CLI a few months down the road so even with 5 prime cards with 500-1000 cl is fine as long as the limits eventually will go up.

But its horrible that navy is gonna pull a hard on each product. So One for checking then another for CC, also a third for Auto. whats the point of doing 3 hard pulls in one day. So i have to get a Navy checking to get a Navy CC?

Is it worth applying for a amex? or am i talking crazy here with my short history.

Message 8 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@uroosa1 wrote:

Navy uses TU to open accounts and EQ for credit applications so you won't be able to do it from the same pull atleast from my experience and what I been hearing that's the norm. And yes family members make you eligible.

Also at the time of application for a credit card apply for NavChek. NavChek is a overdraft line of credit protection for your checking. Most will NEVER use it, but it reports as a credit card on your reports. It never gets canceled for inactivity, reports a super high limit to your credit reports (usually matches your credit card limit)

What it does is let's say you have $500 in your checking, and got approved for a $5,000 NavChek. If you really wanted you could write a check for $5,500 and it'll clear just fine. The deficit goes into your line of credit. Basically it's a on demand cash advance which is great. Interest rates are very good especially compared to other cash advances, Navy doesn't charge any extras at all.

+1 navcheck  or overdraft line of credit is awesome

Message 9 of 18
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

do you have any derogs on your reports?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.