Reply
New Contributor
BabyBlue
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎09-04-2008
0

Mini app spree results

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

 

I currently have 9 cards, with three new:

 

Chase Freedom 6k CL

Citi Diamond Preferred 6k CL

Discover More 1.5 CL (approved today)

 

The remaining cards are:

 

BOA World Points MC 6k CL

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more :smileysad:

Sears store card 3.3k CL (Citi is upgrading it to MC)

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Home Depot store card 2k CL

 

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it :smileyhappy: Now, it is time to garden....

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006
Posts: 1,971
Registered: ‎02-06-2011
0

Re: Mini app spree results

Congratulations on the new CC's :smileyhappy:

 

I didn't even know Pottery Barn had a CC and a 3K CL to boot, good on you!!

 

Keep up the Great work!


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


Valued Contributor
vish1
Posts: 1,129
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0

Re: Mini app spree results

 


BabyBlue wrote:

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

 

I currently have 9 cards, with three new:

 

Chase Freedom 6k CL

Citi Diamond Preferred 6k CL

Discover More 1.5 CL (approved today)

 

The remaining cards are:

 

BOA World Points MC 6k CL

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more :smileysad:

Sears store card 3.3k CL (Citi is upgrading it to MC)

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Home Depot store card 2k CL

 

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it :smileyhappy: Now, it is time to garden....


Congrats on your approval. I am a bit confused about BOA signature visa. I have their cash rewards signature visa and it reports its CL (10k). Do they treat their different visa signature cards differently?

 

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
New Contributor
BabyBlue
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎09-04-2008
0

Re: Mini app spree results

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what is going on but my posts are not appearing. Is Internet Explorer 9 playing tricks on me again? This is a third edit... Hopefully, it will work this time (if so, Mozilla Firefox Rules!):

 

@Mustang - Pottery Barn is a good card to have if you shop there a lot. It is backed by WFNNB, but you get "10% in rewards points back on all purchases." I also got a couple of $25 certificates in the mail since I opened the card at the end of last year. The APR is only 16%, which is not bad for a store card, I think.

 

@vish1 - My BOA signature visa is a result of an involuntary conversion from an old Miles Edge card that they no longer offer. After the conversion, it initially reported CL for quite a while and when I checked my reports recently I noticed it does not anymore. I read on the forums that for some converted cards, the CL is still reported. I would imagine it is sheer luck :smileyhappy:  I will probably try to convert this card to something else in a few months once I graduate (in a few weeks!!!), get a decent job and my new cards get a little older.

 

 

Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,226
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Mini app spree results

 


vish1 wrote:

 


BabyBlue wrote:

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

 

I currently have 9 cards, with three new:

 

Chase Freedom 6k CL

Citi Diamond Preferred 6k CL

Discover More 1.5 CL (approved today)

 

The remaining cards are:

 

BOA World Points MC 6k CL

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more :smileysad:

Sears store card 3.3k CL (Citi is upgrading it to MC)

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Home Depot store card 2k CL

 

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it :smileyhappy: Now, it is time to garden....


Congrats on your approval. I am a bit confused about BOA signature visa. I have their cash rewards signature visa and it reports its CL (10k). Do they treat their different visa signature cards differently?

 


I have a BOA Power Rewards signature card that does not report a limit and never has.  It is listed as a "flexible spending credit card" on my reports.  I like it that way because it doesn't seem to be figured into utilization.  As far as I can tell, FICO ignores it (except for TU98). 

 

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -10/22/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 10/22/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 10/22/14
Valued Contributor
vish1
Posts: 1,129
Registered: ‎01-20-2011
0

Re: Mini app spree results

 


android01 wrote:

 


vish1 wrote:

 


BabyBlue wrote:

So, I started reading the boards again more recently and decided to "refresh" my credit cards a little after paying off a car loan last month.

 

I currently have 9 cards, with three new:

 

Chase Freedom 6k CL

Citi Diamond Preferred 6k CL

Discover More 1.5 CL (approved today)

 

The remaining cards are:

 

BOA World Points MC 6k CL

BOA BankAmericard Power Rewards Signature Visa 10k CL (CL not reported to any of the CBs any more :smileysad:

Sears store card 3.3k CL (Citi is upgrading it to MC)

Shell gas card 2.4k CL

Pottery Barn card3k CL

Home Depot store card 2k CL

 

I am slightly disappointed with the Discover More CL, but I will take it :smileyhappy: Now, it is time to garden....


Congrats on your approval. I am a bit confused about BOA signature visa. I have their cash rewards signature visa and it reports its CL (10k). Do they treat their different visa signature cards differently?

 


I have a BOA Power Rewards signature card that does not report a limit and never has.  It is listed as a "flexible spending credit card" on my reports.  I like it that way because it doesn't seem to be figured into utilization.  As far as I can tell, FICO ignores it (except for TU98). 

 


My card also shows up as "flexible spending ..." but reports a limit also. I had pc from secured to cash rewards visa signature about 2 months back.

 

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}