Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini app spree

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Mini app spree

Went on a mini app spree. FICOs low 700's two upaid CAs from six years ago. Lowes instant $1500 called and instant increase to $3000, should have asked for more but that's what I needed. Discover I was hesitant to try them due to low initial lines. Applied anyways but got the please call in response. Called and and transferred to a "seniors credit analyst". He asked about income and about my derogs and why I wanted the card. Approved for $5k. That's two and a half times by highest revolving line, I was shocked to say the least. Citi Diamond Preferred. 5-7 message. Called approval line and automates decline. Will recon once I get a letter. A bit disappointed with citi but very happy overall. Got the amount from lowes I need for new appliances and a nice line from discover to help keep UT reasonable.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mini app spree

WOW thats awesome! congrats!

Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:
Went on a mini app spree. FICOs low 700's two upaid CAs from six years ago. Lowes instant $1500 called and instant increase to $3000, should have asked for more but that's what I needed. Discover I was hesitant to try them due to low initial lines. Applied anyways but got the please call in response. Called and and transferred to a "seniors credit analyst". He asked about income and about my derogs and why I wanted the card. Approved for $5k. That's two and a half times by highest revolving line, I was shocked to say the least. Citi Diamond Preferred. 5-7 message. Called approval line and automates decline. Will recon once I get a letter. A bit disappointed with citi but very happy overall. Got the amount from lowes I need for new appliances and a nice line from discover to help keep UT reasonable.

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I've got a preapproval for an HSBC card sitting in front of me, do I apply for it before everything reports?

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I've got a preapproval for an HSBC card sitting in front of me, do I apply for it before everything reports?

What kind of HSBC card? With prime like Discover I'm not sure.... but if it's one of the prime cards they offer then might be worth it.

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Time to hit the garden! Shred it!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
teenastie
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Based off of what I have read both recently and in the past citi will decline you if you have 1 inq within 6 months. They are pretty strict with this policy and I have not seen many stories regarding recon success. 

Aso, I have read Citi has a blacklist make sure you are not on it or app'ing for their cards are useless Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 10
UpNComing
Established Contributor

Congrats!

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 8 of 10
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Don't give up with Citi. I have 13 inq. I still got approved instantly. I think if they want to approve you they will, regardless of the standard they might want set. BTW how does the immediate CLI work? Do you have a certain timeframe to try to increase your line of credit immediately instead of having to wait the standard ~ 6 months? Thanks

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 9 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

Congrats! Don't give up with Citi. I have 13 inq. I still got approved instantly. I think if they want to approve you they will, regardless of the standard they might want set. BTW how does the immediate CLI work? Do you have a certain timeframe to try to increase your line of credit immediately instead of having to wait the standard ~ 6 months? Thanks

Don't know.  I called immedaitely for it. 

From what I've read Citi is not recon friendly at all so my hopes aren't up but the worst they can do is say no again.

The HSBC was one of their prime cards but I decided to pass on it and not add another account, was extremely tempted as another account of mine was closed yesterday due to lack of use and lost $2k of CL. 

I did burn another INQ with Chase for a CLI on my Freedom card, gave me a wopping $500 increase from $1k to $1.5K.  I'm going to sockdrawer it on just plain principle.  It was my secondary card to BCP.  Now it's going to be BCP->Discover->debit.  None of my Visa/MC are worth the trouble of even using rewards wise.  Chase just ticked me off, between the CL and interest at 28% I'm done with them. I'll reward Amex and Discover for the CL's they give me.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.