Mini spree, should I do anything else?

tag
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Mini spree, should I do anything else?

Do did a little mini spree just now. 

Scores before EX 747, EQ 707, TU 705

Chase got 30 day message, not sure if I should call or not

Citi HHonors (EQ) Approved 10k (Had to call in EQ was frozen they would not pull any other report)

CapOne Venture (EX/TU) Approved 20k Instant

CapOne QS Instant Denied

Discover (EX) Approved 7.5k

Bofa CLI request Denied (Pulled TU my worst report right now, oops my bad)

Should I try for anything else? Does Citi do two for one or should I try another CapOne?

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Mini spree, should I do anything else?

With denials in there, I would say head over to the garden. 

5 apps in a mini-spree? What makes a major spree?

Message 2 of 7
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

With denials in there, I would say head over to the garden. 

5 apps in a mini-spree? What makes a major spree?

Seen alot of people do much more lol. I thought I was denied for the Citi which is why I applied for the Discover but called in and was approved no problem. I just wanted the CapOne to combime with my older capone cards in 6 months for the CL. My wife has discover and it has grown pretty well over the years and they offer good balance transfers sometimes and it was 0 AF so thought I would get it now and let it age. 

The only denial so far was for the 2nd capone, I already had 3 cards with them this one makes the 4th so that may have something to do with it. My EQ was frozen when I did the Bofa CLI and the Chase so we will see. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 3 of 7
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Klesko wrote:

Citi HHonors (EQ) Approved 10k (Had to call in EQ was frozen they would not pull any other report)

CapOne QS Instant Denied

Bofa CLI request (got 7-10 message, thought they pulled EX so maybe pulled EQ instead which was frozen.)

Should I try for anything else? Does Citi do two for one or should I try another CapOne?

I would leave Cappy alone right now. I did the same thing last week. Was approved for a QS and tried to get a Venture soon after, instant denial. Instead of me taking my QS and running....noooooooooo I decided to RECON the failed Venture app and was left with ANOTHER HP and NO VentureSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Woman Very Happy  Those are some great sl's!  With some denials, gardening is good.  

Message 5 of 7
Klesko
Regular Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

@Klesko wrote:

CapOne QS Instant Denied

Bofa CLI request (got 7-10 message, thought they pulled EX so maybe pulled EQ instead which was frozen.)

I would leave Cappy alone right now. I did the same thing last week. Was approved for a QS and tried to get a Venture soon after, instant denial. Instead of me taking my QS and running....noooooooooo I decided to RECON the failed Venture app and was left with ANOTHER HP and NO VentureSmiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

Okay thanks for the heads up, I wont try and recon it. I mainly just want them to build my CL on my older capone cards. I will also use the 40k signup bonus no problem. 

Message 6 of 7
Klesko
Regular Contributor

BOFA CLI was denied, thought they pulled EX and only TU on reuqest. TU is my worst report right now. 

Oh well. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.