cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimal score for Conn's Synchrony Bank card and which CRA pulled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minimal score for Conn's Synchrony Bank card and which CRA pulled?

I was certain I would find this information in this forum or elsewhere but havent.  I need to know what are the scores people have that get approved for the Conn's Credit Card serviced by Synchrony Bank and which bureau was pulled.  I'm not asking about Conn's credit installment program which does not come with a card.  I'm asking about their actual credit card revolving account through Synchrony Bank . I've had their installment approval but was wondering if I qualified for the credit card.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Minimal score for Conn's Synchrony Bank card and which CRA pulled?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was certain I would find this information in this forum or elsewhere but havent.  I need to know what are the scores people have that get approved for the Conn's Credit Card serviced by Synchrony Bank and which bureau was pulled.  I'm not asking about Conn's credit installment program which does not come with a card.  I'm asking about their actual credit card revolving account through Synchrony Bank . I've had their installment approval but was wondering if I qualified for the credit card.  Thanks!

I applied for GE Capital/Conns Credit Card (NOT Conn's in-house credit) online and I got instantly approved for $3500. They pulled both EXP and TU. My score was around 740-750. Perfect credit history, no late, and past due.

Ron.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for GE Capital/Conns Credit Card (NOT Conn's in-house credit) online and I got instantly approved for $3500. They pulled both EXP and TU. My score was around 740-750. Perfect credit history, no late, and past due.

Ron.

GE Capital and Synchrony arent the same company are they? They both service Conn's card? Im a littel confused.

Message 3 of 21
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

GE Capital and Synchrony arent the same company are they? They both service Conn's card? Im a littel confused.

GE Capital changed their name to Synchrony Bank. They are the same company. It  is the same issuer. Conns is a little bit tougher to get approved. I think Conn's in house credit is much easier than Conns Credit Card. Conn's in house credit pullss EQ. Conns in house credit is installment loan. and it is close ended. They close it once you pay off the balance. You need to apply again evety time you need it.  You will get another HP. It is the bad part.

Ron.

Message 4 of 21
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

Yes, they've recently changed their name.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

GE Capital changed their name to Synchrony Bank. They are the same company. It  is the same issuer. Conns is a little bit tougher to get approved. I think Conn's in house credit is much easier than Conns Credit Card. Conn's in house credit pullss EQ. Conns in house credit is installment loan. and it is close ended. They close it once you pay off the balance. You need to apply again evety time you need it.  You will get another HP. It is the bad part.

Ron.

My EQ is 607. If GE Capital/Synchony pull my EQ you think I would get approved?  I only need a $1200 limit for washer and dryer.

Message 6 of 21
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

My EQ is 607. If GE Capital/Synchony pull my EQ you think I would get approved?  I only need a $1200 limit for washer and dryer.

I think your score is a little bit low to get the card. I think you can get approved for Conn's Easy Money.  I heard Conn's Easy Money also offers 0% interesting financing. My brother got approved for $1500 two years ago. His score was 560.  Salesmen told me someone might require down payment if their score was really bad. He told me almost everyone was qualified. You need to go inside the store to sign the contract to finalize the paperwork.

http://www.conns.com/conns-credit-info/

Ron.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for the advice.  I wont waste a HP.  They already approved me for $5000 for the installment plan.  Its no interest for 12 months.  However, the 12th month has this balloon type payment.  If you dont pay it all they add outrageous and humungous amount of interest for the 13th month.  I thought I could avoid that kind of pressure and get the revolving account. I guess I will select the least expensive washer and dryer and make sure I pay it all within 12 months. It's hell when you dont have good credit!

Message 8 of 21
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok thanks for the advice.  I wont waste a HP.  They already approved me for $5000 for the installment plan.  Its no interest for 12 months.  However, the 12th month has this balloon type payment.  If you dont pay it all they add outrageous and humungous amount of interest for the 13th month.  I thought I could avoid that kind of pressure and get the revolving account. I guess I will select the least expensive washer and dryer and make sure I pay it all within 12 months. It's hell when you dont have good credit!

Are you taling Conn's easy noney?

Ron.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you taling Conn's easy noney?

Ron.

I dont know.  The salesperson referred to it as "our own installment plan". It's a Retail Installment Contract. She said it reports to all three CRA's as an installment account. i would have to pay a minimal amount each month and what's ever remaining has to be paid within that 12 month.  If not they calculate interest in the original amount and thats whats owed!  Its predatory!  However, my family's machines are in horrible shape and I need new ones.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.